Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express CLI

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

American Express CLI

I started off my american express about 4 months ago with an instant 15000 credit limit. Ive been reading forums and seen the 3xcli after 62 days so not sure if I should ask for more or leave it .

ALso do they do a hard inquiry for the increase?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: American Express CLI

@lionsfan20 wrote:

I started off my american express about 4 months ago with an instant 15000 credit limit. Ive been reading forums and seen the 3xcli after 62 days so not sure if I should ask for more or leave it .

Thanks

I'm not sure if I would go 3x with the limit you started with. Maybe around 20k or so. I think I've read on hear that they do have a limit to their limit. What Amex do you have?

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 2 of 6
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

its just the amex blue , I was also wondering If they allow you to upgrade to the blue cash but no matter what I do  , I dont want to take a chance of them reducing my credit limit so thats why Im worried to do anything.

Message 3 of 6
distantarray
Established Contributor

i forgot if it's over 40 or 50k that your CL don't report anymore, regardless I'm pretty sure they will FR (financial review) if you ask for 45k credit limit increase, but if you make 120k a year it sohuldn't be a problem as long as you don't mind sending them documents to prove your income and a thumb print of your first born.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 6
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

Thanks

Hey OP!  You can ask for up to 25K on the auto system.  In your case I would.  It will be based on a SP that will take place from the time frame of act opening date to 61 days.  If you qualify for a CLI , you will be approved.  If for less, Amex will counter.  If you don't qualify, you will be denied the CLI.  No harm in asking for the full 25K.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 6
Cageym
Established Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

Thanks

Hey OP!  You can ask for up to 25K on the auto system.  In your case I would.  It will be based on a SP that will take place from the time frame of act opening date to 61 days.  If you qualify for a CLI , you will be approved.  If for less, Amex will counter.  If you don't qualify, you will be denied the CLI.  No harm in asking for the full 25K.

That's the limit I couldn't remember!! +1 on this advice.Smiley Happy

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.