Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Cash Magnet LARGE CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Cash Magnet LARGE CLI

I just PC'd my BCE with $8,000 to the Cash Magnet card on Friday. Today I went online and asked for a CLI to $20,000 and was instantly approved. BAM!

Scores are in the low 700s (just got the CSP and DP so two new accounts) with no baddies and currently sitting at 25% utilization across all my cards since I just did a BT.

Now I really can't wait to get this card in the mail this week! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Cash Magnet LARGE CLI

Congrats on very nice CLI

Message 2 of 17
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on a nice increase! Question, when was your last increase request with them?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been a while, I want to say exactly one year and that was an auto CLI on their end and I didn't even double dip. I think it was because I stopped buying groceries so my BCE lost its appeal so I forgot about it Smiley Embarassed

It's crazy how you can outgrow cards you thought you would keep forever. The BCE was my first revolver with AMEX and I equated that card as the Robin to my Batman Smiley Very Happy

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congratulations on a nice increase! Question, when was your last increase request with them?

Message 4 of 17
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It has been a while, I want to say exactly one year and that was an auto CLI on their end and I didn't even double dip. I think it was because I stopped buying groceries so my BCE lost its appeal so I forgot about it Smiley Embarassed

It's crazy how you can outgrow cards you thought you would keep forever. The BCE was my first revolver with AMEX and I equated that card as the Robin to my Batman Smiley Very Happy

@credit_endurance wrote:

I see. I’m going to close out my BCE which hit the 2 year mark couple months ago same situation as yours just lost the appeal for it with my other cards. Probably could have just PC’ed it to the magnet but what’s done is done. Anyhow congrats on the cli before activation which is quite impressive as well.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice!

Congrats to you!

Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to goSmiley Happy. I remember having my 1st Amex, the original Blue, over 20 years ago, lol, I dont care if I dont use one non af card anymore I wanna look back in 20 years and be like , dang still go my blueSmiley Wink.

This card looks sweet, can't wait eitherSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!

You can always count on Amex. They seem to treat everyone well. I'm looking forward to new keep it Blue Ocean. It's gotta be a new card, not just a recycled plastic... right!?!

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I am definitely keeping my old BCE card for sentimental value because back then AMEX was a little stricter and I didn't think I would ever be approved when I applied. I went into cardiac arrest when I saw the approval Smiley LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!

You can always count on Amex. They seem to treat everyone well. I'm looking forward to new keep it Blue Ocean. It's gotta be a new card, not just a recycled plastic... right!?!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know! Wow, the feeling of approval for something you never thought you'd get. I think I gave my dogs heart-attacks... at least scared the $#1+ out of them. I was a bit sad to pc to Cash Magnet, but seeing it in Apple Pay wallet... nice.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.