Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Delta Sky Miles Blue Approval

tag
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

American Express Delta Sky Miles Blue Approval

Good morning fam and TGIF!

I have been chill while letting my hard work and time support my credit journey.  I was reading about soft pulls and decided to just see where I would land in the world of approvals with good cards vs not so good cards. 

I applied for an Apple GS card and was approved with SL of $500.  I declined the offer but felt a small sense of accomplisment for the approval.  Last night I did the same with Amex and literally before I even knew what happened I was taken to a page of congrats, your card is on the way.  I was waiting for the page to see my offer and accept or not but after saying no to adding any users, hitting submit (from the pre-approval link of Amex) is when it brought me to that congrats page.  AFter searching for a lil bit, I was approved for a SL of $1000 which is still tiny but not so much in terms of a big company with good cards.  

Another strange occurence, years ago like back in 2004 I had a BK and yes it has been some years since but one of the accounts within that BK was Amex.  Flash forward to last night and it says my name and underneath "member since 1988".  What????  Please, without sounding like I am a fruit loop asking a dumb question, how is this even possible?  Not like duh, silly you applied and were approved but more like how after not fulfilling my original debt to them, but also how and why would they count all those years for me being a member?  Also, again as I truly do not know the answer, does this mean that all those years will be applied now to my credit and I will gain back that account with years applied to my longest acct?  I am sure this is no but 33 years forward is a great tradeline, lol.  I am just wondering what the shape of age of accts, etc.  

Honestly, I was really trying to see where my approvals are in this world after getting my credit back under my belt, as well as making good choices for the past 1.5 years.  I did not expect for the app to go through to approval, I expected it to be like the Apple process where it told me what my SL would be and do I want to accept or decline.  But very happy with my success so far and one of these days I will make my siggy line but basically 2 years ago and for many years before this I was around 500 plus or minus on fico.  Today even after my amex app last night on myfico my EX 8 is 668, TU is 664 and EQ is 651.  My tri merge scores (just as a DP) is 665.  My fico 9's respectively 701, 689 and 664).  I can never make a small post so sorry for the length, lol.  

Huge props to you guys as I have said before, you really don't understand how much you help folks like me day in and day out. THANK YOU!

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Delta Sky Miles Blue Approval

Congrats

Message 2 of 20
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 20
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@IamWesty12, my message may rain on your parade a bit, but as I understand it, even though the "Member since" line dates back to when you got your first AMEX, that in no way means this is suddenly your oldest account; it will still report the the credit bureaus as a brand spankin' new account.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 4 of 20
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I totally figured that would be the case.  I can't even believe I was approved for starters, I for sure was betting I was not going to gain decades as well in years of credit Smiley Happy!

I appreciate the honestly though, so thank you for keepin' it real lol!!!

It is so cool though to see as times passes the hard work is totally paying off.  Honestly to have two different solid companies approve me for any line of credit is a huge props for me, even with the small SL's.  A few years ago I never thought i would be in a position to even have a tri merge score for a mortgage, let alone decent and rising fico scores.  

Dare I say "you go girl" to myself lol?!?!?

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 20
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats 🎊🎉🍾 on your AMEX approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats  !

Message 7 of 20
JustJay119
Regular Contributor

Congrats on getting back on with Amex!

Current

AU

Banking

Scores 10/15/21
Message 8 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Delta Sky Miles approval!

Message 9 of 20
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.