Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Everyday Approved, Then Starting Limited Changed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Everyday Approved, Then Starting Limited Changed

Hoping someone can explain this to me...

I was looking to get a balance transfer card to pay down a recent purchase. I have an AMEX BCP and decided to apply for the AMEX Everday since I was pre-approved. I was instantly approved with a limit of $6,000. I entered the balance transfer info on the next screen, setup the online account, done. Then when I logged in, I see the card showing with a $2,000 spending limit. **bleep**! Smiley Mad The balance transfer is still showing up, which is almost $4,000. Did AMEX just pull a fast one on me? I tried calling, but 3 reps and nobody could figure it out. They keep telling me to call back tomorrow. 

26 REPLIES 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express Everyday Approved, Then Starting Limited Changed

The $2k may just be your temporary limit til you receive your card and activate it. Did the reps confirm the limit you were approved of?

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying simplynoir. The only rep from new accounts that actually put the effort in to look it up, said he saw the limit as $2000. I too, was wondering if this was a temporary limit or maybe even my credit limit minus the balance transfer. He couldn't confirm it, and all the other people just gave me excuses why they couldn't find it.

Message 3 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I highly suspect its whats available to spend after the BT, I would see what it says tomorrow after the computers have a chance to update. Grats on the new card Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for replying simplynoir. The only rep from new accounts that actually put the effort in to look it up, said he saw the limit as $2000. I too, was wondering if this was a temporary limit or maybe even my credit limit minus the balance transfer. He couldn't confirm it, and all the other people just gave me excuses why they couldn't find it.

The only thing I can see you can do is wait til tomorrow and hope someone from customer service can solve this concern. I just know that temporary limits are not unheard of. My last AMEX application of the Amazon Prime card when I was approved was $5k yet going the CLI page it showed a CL of $16k that couldn't be used right away.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you gdale6 for your response. I'm hoping it's something stupid like that. I am going to be patient and wait it out. Hopefully everything settles into place. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks simplynoir. I ran to my credit limit increase page to check if that was the case for me. Unfortunately, it shows $2,000. I'll just wait until the dust settles and see where I am at. Thanks again for your detailed response. I was going to apply for the Hilton Ascend since we started traveling more, but now I"m not so sure lol. 

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I highly suspect its whats available to spend after the BT, I would see what it says tomorrow after the computers have a chance to update. Grats on the new card Smiley Happy

^^^this

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks simplynoir. I ran to my credit limit increase page to check if that was the case for me. Unfortunately, it shows $2,000. I'll just wait until the dust settles and see where I am at. Thanks again for your detailed response. I was going to apply for the Hilton Ascend since we started traveling more, but now I"m not so sure lol. 

$6000-$2000=$4000...your BT.  

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess the only thing that confuses me is, when I go to CLI it says the current credit limit is $2,000. Wouldn't it show the actual credit limit there, and not the amount after the balance transfer? But, as others have said, maybe it's just taking time to sync and will update tomorrow. Either way, thanks for your response.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.