Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Everyday Approved, Then Starting Limited Changed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Everyday Approved, Then Starting Limited Changed

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess the only thing that confuses me is, when I go to CLI it says the current credit limit is $2,000. Wouldn't it show the actual credit limit there, and not the amount after the balance transfer? But, as others have said, maybe it's just taking time to sync and will update tomorrow. Either way, thanks for your response.

I'm pretty positive it's just Amex. They are slow on showing correct info. Or at least this was the case a few years ago. Highly doubt they'd allow a BT to go through if there weren't funds to cover it.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty positive it's just Amex. They are slow on showing correct info. Or at least this was the case a few years ago. Highly doubt they'd allow a BT to go through if there weren't funds to cover it.

LOL! Let's hope not. Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They keep telling me to call back tomorrow. 

YES! Do it!

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, have an update. I just got an e-mail saying to check the status of my balance transfer. Just checked and it says declined. I'm assuming since they changed the credit line on me. Not happy. Will be calling them tomorrow. If this is not fixed, they can keep the card.

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that happened to you but I would caution against closing an Amex card quickly. I ended up learning my lesson the hard way with Amex last year. I applied for a BCE and got a $1K limit so I immediately called and canceled it. The card still shipped, they wouldn’t activate it, it hit my credit report 60 days later as two months $0 and closed, I am no longer eligible for the SUB on the BCE despite never even being able to use the card, and I was blacklisted for about a year. 

You already took the inquiry and dropped your age of accounts factors, don’t burn a bridge with Amex too. There’s no AF, I would keep it for the 12 months. You may find a use for it anyway. 

Message 15 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

American Express Everyday Approved, Congrats!

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry that happened to you but I would caution against closing an Amex card quickly. I ended up learning my lesson the hard way with Amex last year. I applied for a BCE and got a $1K limit so I immediately called and canceled it. The card still shipped, they wouldn’t activate it, it hit my credit report 60 days later as two months $0 and closed, I am no longer eligible for the SUB on the BCE despite never even being able to use the card, and I was blacklisted for about a year. 

You already took the inquiry and dropped your age of accounts factors, don’t burn a bridge with Amex too. There’s no AF, I would keep it for the 12 months. You may find a use for it anyway. 

Thanks for posting about your experience with AMEX. 

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

American Express Everyday Approved, Congrats!

Thanks.

Message 18 of 27
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on a nice approval either way! My first thought was that it’s your limit AFTER the BT. Definitely call again until you get someone who knows what’s going on. Keep us posted! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 19 of 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hoping someone can explain this to me...

I was looking to get a balance transfer card to pay down a recent purchase. I have an AMEX BCP and decided to apply for the AMEX Everday since I was pre-approved. I was instantly approved with a limit of $6,000. I entered the balance transfer info on the next screen, setup the online account, done. Then when I logged in, I see the card showing with a $2,000 spending limit. **bleep**! Smiley Mad The balance transfer is still showing up, which is almost $4,000. Did AMEX just pull a fast one on me? I tried calling, but 3 reps and nobody could figure it out. They keep telling me to call back tomorrow. 

You weren't trying to BT from one AmX card to another AmX card were you? Just a thought that crossed my mind.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.