Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Gold Card Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Gold Card Approval!

Really happy about this surprising approval!

I applied and was accepted for the Amex Gold card earlier today.

Since I could not have done it without this forum I thought I'd share my stats for anyone else interested in the card.

19 years old

AAoA is 7.5 months

2 Accounts

Oldest account is a federal student loan: 8 months, $5,500.

Disco It student card: 7 months, never carried a balance and always under 8% utilization.

Credit Karma shows TU 729, EQ: 715.

Amex pulled Experian but I don't know what that score is. I assume slightly higher than the others because it had no inquiries.

I was pre-qualified for the card and when visiting the website in incognito mode I was able to get the 50,000 MR point offer for 2k spend in 3 months!

Big thanks to everyone else for sharing their stats.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Gold Card Approval!

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your Amex Gold approval! Love my Gold card for grocery and dining! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 21
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I have no idea how you guys do the incognito thing. Once I punch in my info, amex recognizes me and forces me to log in.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, and thanks for the data points. 

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new AMEX!
Message 5 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on The Gold and welcome to myFICO Forums.

Message 6 of 21
hernaemm90
New Contributor

Congratulations!!

FYI, in case you didn't know, you can get your Experian credit report and FICO 8 score for free by going to their website and creating an account. It updates once a month

Message 7 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Really happy about this surprising approval!

I applied and was accepted for the Amex Gold card earlier today.

Since I could not have done it without this forum I thought I'd share my stats for anyone else interested in the card.

19 years old

AAoA is 7.5 months

2 Accounts

Oldest account is a federal student loan: 8 months, $5,500.

Disco It student card: 7 months, never carried a balance and always under 8% utilization.

Credit Karma shows TU 729, EQ: 715.

Amex pulled Experian but I don't know what that score is. I assume slightly higher than the others because it had no inquiries.

I was pre-qualified for the card and when visiting the website in incognito mode I was able to get the 50,000 MR point offer for 2k spend in 3 months!

Big thanks to everyone else for sharing their stats.

Bravo, Bravo. You’re off to a great start at only 19 yo. I thought one couldnt get CCs until 21. Guess I read that wrong somewhere. Anyway, congrats. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I have no idea how you guys do the incognito thing. Once I punch in my info, amex recognizes me and forces me to log in.

Hi @Anonymous

How to search in incognito mode 

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001378.htm

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 21
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new AmEx card. That’s golden!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.