cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Gold Card Approval!

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Gold Card Approval!

Congrats! Great card! And very attractive too I might add lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 21
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a great feeling! Was just approved for mine yesterda...

What a great feeling! Was just approved for mine yesterday Heart  Congrats! 

Message 13 of 21
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really happy about this surprising approval!

I applied and was accepted for the Amex Gold card earlier today.

Since I could not have done it without this forum I thought I'd share my stats for anyone else interested in the card.

19 years old

AAoA is 7.5 months

2 Accounts

Oldest account is a federal student loan: 8 months, $5,500.

Disco It student card: 7 months, never carried a balance and always under 8% utilization.

Credit Karma shows TU 729, EQ: 715.

Amex pulled Experian but I don't know what that score is. I assume slightly higher than the others because it had no inquiries.

I was pre-qualified for the card and when visiting the website in incognito mode I was able to get the 50,000 MR point offer for 2k spend in 3 months!

Big thanks to everyone else for sharing their stats.

Bravo, Bravo. You’re off to a great start at only 19 yo. I thought one couldnt get CCs until 21. Guess I read that wrong somewhere. Anyway, congrats. 

I don’t know about now, but 30 years ago when I was an undergrad, credit card companies were all over my campus. You could pull applications off of message boards(the old school kind) right beside flyers for someone looking for a roommate. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonedog23 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really happy about this surprising approval!

I applied and was accepted for the Amex Gold card earlier today.

Since I could not have done it without this forum I thought I'd share my stats for anyone else interested in the card.

19 years old

AAoA is 7.5 months

2 Accounts

Oldest account is a federal student loan: 8 months, $5,500.

Disco It student card: 7 months, never carried a balance and always under 8% utilization.

Credit Karma shows TU 729, EQ: 715.

Amex pulled Experian but I don't know what that score is. I assume slightly higher than the others because it had no inquiries.

I was pre-qualified for the card and when visiting the website in incognito mode I was able to get the 50,000 MR point offer for 2k spend in 3 months!

Big thanks to everyone else for sharing their stats.

Bravo, Bravo. You’re off to a great start at only 19 yo. I thought one couldnt get CCs until 21. Guess I read that wrong somewhere. Anyway, congrats. 

I don’t know about now, but 30 years ago when I was an undergrad, credit card companies were all over my campus. You could pull applications off of message boards(the old school kind) right beside flyers for someone looking for a roommate. 

I went to undergrad less than 30 years ago lol and there were still credit card companies advertising on my college campus. 

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Congrats!

2. Nice choice! 

3. Will you rose gold that or keep the classic gold? I beleive rose gold is back until 7/17. 

4. Abandon Credit Karma. The scores are usless. You need to pull your Fico scores. Amex provides EXP Fico scores for free once you receive the card and get enrolled.

Best of luck and enjoy those MR points!

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I have no idea how you guys do the incognito thing. Once I punch in my info, amex recognizes me and forces me to log in.

To view offers in Incognito Mode, you need to navigate to the card you're interested in BEFORE entering any personal information.

This of course, assumes that you've completed clearly your browser history before going to the website.  So using Amex as an example, clear your browser cache/history, then open an incognito window and go to Amex's website.  Scroll through the cards to the one you want and you should see the enhanced offer.

Using this method I was able to get the same offer as the OP:

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 4.27.49 AM.png

Compared to the public offer when view in a regular browser window:

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 4.35.25 AM.png

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

Due to the CARD Act and Regulation Z (CFPB), credit card companies cannot send pre-approved offers for credit to individuals under the age of 21 unless that person "opts in" to receive such marketing material.  But you can still get a credit card while under 21 as long as you can show the independent ability to pay the account.

Message 18 of 21
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

I have no idea how you guys do the incognito thing. Once I punch in my info, amex recognizes me and forces me to log in.

Hi @Anonymous

How to search in incognito mode 

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001378.htm

I know how to use incognito mode. The issue is once my personal info is entered, the app is stopped and I'm prompted to log in, where I have to go through the cards page to apply. I can't submit an app in incognito.

Message 19 of 21
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

To view offers in Incognito Mode, you need to navigate to the card you're interested in BEFORE entering any personal information.

This of course, assumes that you've completed clearly your browser history before going to the website.  So using Amex as an example, clear your browser cache/history, then open an incognito window and go to Amex's website.  Scroll through the cards to the one you want and you should see the enhanced offer.

Using this method I was able to get the same offer as the OP:

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 4.27.49 AM.png

Compared to the public offer when view in a regular browser window:

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 4.35.25 AM.png

Ok, I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.