Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Green Charge Card

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Green Charge Card

Congrats on the approvals..........The "green goblin" was my first Amex card; just can't seem to part with it by upgrading; love this card......it is Vintage Amex...........hmmm maybe they should rename it!!!!

Message 11 of 18
drboxing
Established Contributor

Congrats, my wife received the same cc approvals Drlta Gold $1000 SL & Amex Green

Message 12 of 18
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!

I tried this same strategy but the opposite way. I was approved for the Green in April but denied for the Delta Gold.....

My scores aren't nearly on par with yours though so my denial was pretty understandable especially when I'm in rebuild mode.

I love the Green card! Benefits aren't too amazing but charge cards are great tools to keep your spending in check and you can also show Amex your own personal spend power by keeping everything Paid in Full. 

Not to mention, like people above have been saying, it is such an iconic look. I feel like a boss everytime I pull out my green card! Smiley Very Happy

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 13 of 18
drboxing
Established Contributor

My wife was preapproved for both Delta and AMEX gold but she didn't want to pay the $195 annual fee. So she applied for the Delta Gold first and once approved, went back and applied for the green and was approved.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any notable advantages for going with the AMEX green over the prg besides difference in annual fee?

Message 15 of 18
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Nah PRG slays it, even with the annual fee. Only way to get 2X points on the Green is booking flights/hotels through AMEX Travel. There are sporatic good deals that are offered at different merchants.

No special categories outside the 2X for Hotels/Flights/Cruises through AMEX Travel. No travel credits, no hotel credits, no nothing. 

Has the standard AMEX benefits of car rental loss/damage secondary insurance, global assist, etc. 

Can't wait to upgrade my card to the PRG. I will do some serious points racking with the 2X at supermarkets/gas stations Smiley Happy

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 16 of 18
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

I run my world thru my PRG.  It keeps my monthly expenses black and white (PIF = never red).  The AF is waived for the first year.  Afterwards use, MRP and the annual credit will net against the AF.

Message 17 of 18
drboxing
Established Contributor

Best to go with the PRG, if you travel a lot, I’d go Amex Platinum the perks are nice

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.