Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express PLATINUM Approved.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express PLATINUM Approved.

I called Amex today to check the status on my SCRA benefits for my Delta Skymiles Credit Card to waive the annual fee for active duty members. While chatting with the CSR he started to talking to me about the Platinum charge card. I did want it but too many cards in the past 3 months was the reason I was hesistant and also; the annual fee of $550. I've never had a charge card before so wanted one and also the platinum is a metal card that looks and feels classy. The CSR convinced me to apply by saying YOLO haha. And I was like what the hell shoot lets do it and because I was already a member I was offerred the 75000 MR points for 3000 in 3 months and it sounded better than the offer online so I was like okay lets do this but was told to apply over the phone with the code he gave me over the chat. The CSR submitted the application and it went pending. No Instant Decision. I was put on hold and he talked to Customer Service; after a few minutes of hold he came back and boom APPROVED. 

Qualified for all bonuses and all promotional offers with 75K MR points. Now have 3 cards with Amex with SCRA pending for both cards to waive annual fee. @#$%^ Chase; Amex Loves me. I can't believe my luck.

The CSR was like you will have your card by tomorrow evening as we will overnight it; I was like haha sorry bro I live overseas so it will be a few weeks before I see this bad boy. I set it up and use the check spending power tool and it approved for uto $25K haha. 

Stats: 

Pulled FICO08 EXP: 677 (Dropped due to new accounts), 

AAoA: 3 years and 3 months

Usage: 8%

Inquiries: 14

Available : $50K atleast

Other Amex: Delta Gold(1K) and BCP ($10K)

Baddies: 2 Charges off paid showing 0 balance out of which 1 is being disputed.

New Account: 6 in the last 4 months.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Love always and thank you for your guidance

.Amex Platinum.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express PLATINUM Approved.

Congrats on the awesome-looking Plat, and the sign-up bonus.  Enjoy!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You did miss one thing.....

Putting me on as AUSmiley Happy

Lol, congrats Enjoy the beauty of a card!
Message 3 of 10
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

the platinum is a metal card that looks and feels classy.

Not to rain on your parade but - Not a good reason at all to get this card.

Just remember - this card is designed for the frequent traveler with a fair amount of discretionary income.

If you don't travel a whole lot, rent cars, stay in hotels, travel overseas, and fly primarily Delta or can use the Centurion lounges, this card will be a bear when the AF finally does hit. It took me years to justify getting this card. But, with all the travel I now do for work, it finally made economic sense - even with the increase in the AF.

If, on the other hand, you travel enough to use the Uber and airline credits and can put 10K in MR point a year on the card, you will more or less break even.

Just some of my thoughts and I am hardly the end all be all of the Amex Plat card.

Message 4 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

....... and THANKS for your service.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your AMEX Plat approval!!

Message 6 of 10
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Well done and thanks for your service!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the email that they have approved my scra benefits so 0 annual fee on the cards especially on the platinum. I'm falling in love with American Express.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all. Some of you appreciate what me and by buddies do for America! God bless you all and may Gid bless the United States of America!
Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amen , congrats on getting your benefits and sincerely, THANK YOU FOR SERVING! My dad served 30 years NAVY and various members have served different stints so i know how important our military is and will always be. Not everybody can join but we all can supportSmiley Happy Enjoy your new Amex!!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.