Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express PRG NPSL Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express PRG NPSL Approval

@PointsBonus wrote:

I know the fees are $450 BUT believe it or not ITS THE EASIEST TO GET APPROVED FOR. TRUST ME.

Wow Smiley Surprised

I'm not sure you should make statements like this since you aren't the underwriter. What if the OP gets declined again? (I hope not)

OP - Congrats on the Gold card approval and please review your options before applying for the card that fits your spend/needs.

Message 11 of 16
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

People make comments all over the post stating that the Gold Card is the easiest .... I do not see what the difference is between their statement and mine ? Beside personal experience ...

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bit the bullet and applied for a second card. I somehow managed to make a mistake and applied for the SPG regular instead of the luxury card and didn’t realize it until I got the email that it was approved after the verification call due to my fraud alert. They apparently can’t just change me over to the luxury card, and they only approved a $1000 SL on that card which leads me to believe the luxury card would have been declined. I can PC to the luxury card later on, and while, yes, the extra 25,000 points on the SUB would have been nice, it is what it is at this point. Just going to use the 3X CLI thread to grow that.
Message 13 of 16
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Welcome to the SPG Club, you would of most likely been approved for the Luxury as well 😉, same criteria, but your starting limit would of been $3100.

I was approved for the Gold Delta @$1000 and within an hour I applied for the Delta Reserve and was approved for $3100. I carried both cards for a bit and kept the Reserve.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha thanks. Just sucks they couldn’t recall the application and change it over :-/
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh Amex is kind of annoying me now.

When I got approved Friday, they told me that they would overnight me my cards and i should get them Monday. It’s thursday and I haven’t received anything. No missed deliveries on my end as there have been no slips left by FedEx/UPS/USPS. Called Amex and got bounced around between new accounts and customer service. They can see the cards sent out as “rush” but no tracking info. They are saying I should have received them but since the account is new they can’t issue replacement cards even though these are very likely lost somewhere until 14 days have passed. I’m going on a business trip Sunday night, and that trip is the reason why I went for the cards since I will be able to meet the spends for the SUB with business expenses that will be reimbursed. Not really the kind of service I was expecting from Amex. Called like 3 times and everyone saying the same thing.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.