Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express PRG NPSL Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express PRG NPSL Approval

Just got approved for Amex Gold. They pulled EX, current score sitting at 703 FICO8. Feels great to be back in with AmEx. I had defaulted on a Green charge card back in 2004. They denied me for a Delta card in August, but I decided to shoot my shot again, and was approved this time. It wasn't an instant approval, and I didn't have a pre-approval due to the fraud alert on my file, but as soon as I called the new accounts line, and they verified my identity I got the approval email before the rep could get back on the line to tell me I was approved.

I know that some have posted of getting additional cards with Amex without another hard pull. Do you need to wait to apply for the second card until a statement prints, or can I do it already? I want the SPG card as I stay with them a lot

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: American Express PRG NPSL Approval

OP,

That is awesome!! It appears that you’ve gained @150 point increase in your scores since Feb 2018. Any major to attribute to this success?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few things lead to the drastic score jump. # 1 was understanding that even though I PIF every month, I was letting balances report every month showing my cards almost maxed out every month. My credit lines were tiny toy limits, and once I understood to payoff before statements cut, that gave me a very healthy boost.

# 2 getting some errors corrected. I had a merged file with my dad that has the same name and because we moved to the US together 30 years ago, our social security numbers were issued in sequence. That was a major headache to sort out and I’m glad I got it taken care of. He’s filed for Ch 7 and that was all on my reports.

#3 pay for deletes with collections showing
Message 3 of 16
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

I got approved for my 1st AMEX Delta and a week later approved for a AMEX HH card that showed pre-approved. 

Message 4 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Gold Card approval! Yes, you can go for another Amex card now. Most likely just a SP. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the new card and very nice rebuild.

Message 7 of 16
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!  

Message 8 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!

Message 9 of 16
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Apply for the Delta Reserve or Hilton Aspire or SPG Luxury - NOW.

They will use ur current credit that they pulled and it will be a SP.

I know the fees are $450 BUT believe it or not ITS THE EASIEST TO GET APPROVED FOR. TRUST ME.

Keep us posted.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.