Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Platinum Card® for Schwab

tag
DONZI
Established Contributor

American Express Platinum Card® for Schwab

wOOt!

I got my second amex card (BCE) in mid December 2020 and have been hemming and hawing about trying the 3x or app for something else in the amex eco system.. As it were, I also was approaching "Schwab Appreciation Bonus" level of investments. Today that reality kicked in and I decided to app online for the Schwab variety Platinum.

FWIW: my first and only previous amex was a green card I got some 30+ years ago and closed a couple years later without incident -- think I just didn't want to pay the AF since I had numerous free cards from prime lenders.

During the application I got fidgety about not being already logged in to amex and became unsure about the pre-filled fields and such since they appeared to be passed off from Schwab but many remained empty.. Figured that I'd login to amex and try the Schwab app again to see if that changed anything.

Primary concern being segregated residential and mailing and unique email addresses.. Before even testing if having amex logged in made a difference I decided to just call and forget about the automated process online.. as it turns out that was a good thing.

After all the info was collected verbally, the CSR wanted to connect me with someone else.. The principal question was to confirm a legal / residential address. Done. Then they asked if 7-10 days delivery was okay and I mentioned that I am planning to travel before the 11th and if it could be expedited that would be great since I would surly use the card for the event. Done, should be arriving early next week!

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express Platinum Card® for Schwab

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 28
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 3 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, grats on the Schwab platinum Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your American Express Platinum Card® for Schwab approval! ...

Message 5 of 28
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Schwab Platinum approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 28
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

A082D2DA-A028-4BBA-9D87-2CE53563C040.jpeg

Message 7 of 28
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

|  
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your amex approval!

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DONZI wrote:

wOOt!

I got my second amex card (BCE) in mid December 2020 and have been hemming and hawing about trying the 3x or app for something else in the amex eco system.. As it were, I also was approaching "Schwab Appreciation Bonus" level of investments. Today that reality kicked in and I decided to app online for the Schwab variety Platinum.

FWIW: my first and only previous amex was a green card I got some 30+ years ago and closed a couple years later without incident -- think I just didn't want to pay the AF since I had numerous free cards from prime lenders.

During the application I got fidgety about not being already logged in to amex and became unsure about the pre-filled fields and such since they appeared to be passed off from Schwab but many remained empty.. Figured that I'd login to amex and try the Schwab app again to see if that changed anything.

Primary concern being segregated residential and mailing and unique email addresses.. Before even testing if having amex logged in made a difference I decided to just call and forget about the automated process online.. as it turns out that was a good thing.

After all the info was collected verbally, the CSR wanted to connect me with someone else.. The principal question was to confirm a legal / residential address. Done. Then they asked if 7-10 days delivery was okay and I mentioned that I am planning to travel before the 11th and if it could be expedited that would be great since I would surly use the card for the event. Done, should be arriving early next week!

Congratulations! And also Mazel Tov on your lovely scores. Enjoy the travels! 🥳🥳🥳

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.