Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Platinum & SoFi Approvals

tag
MzChrissy
New Contributor

American Express Platinum & SoFi Approvals

Being that I travel so much and plan to start back now, I decided to finally pull the trigger and apply for the American Express Platinum this morning and low and behold, I was approved. I’m surprised because I first tried their prequalification app and wasn’t prequalified but credit karma said my approval odds were excellent and they’ve always been right. Also, I received an offer for the SoFi Mastercard and hit the button, approved. I honestly don’t know why I applied for the SoFi card, I already have a great MasterCard with Apple so I may have just wasted a HP. Anyone with the SoFi card, how are you liking it? My data points in my signature are updated. American Express Platinum - $13,000 15.99% SoFi Master Card - $9,000 22% Utilization 4%
Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Platinum $50k | BlueNile $22.5k | Macys AMEX $20k | Citibank (AU) $19k | NFCU LOC $15k | AMEX Platinum $13k POT | Apple (Goldman Sachs) $12k | Amazon Store Card $10k | PayPal Credit $10k | Discover IT $10k | SoFi MasterCard $9k | Nordstrom Visa $6k
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Express Platinum & SoFi Approvals

Respectible SLs for both of those cards, grats on them Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 22
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals. Are you meaning to say the AMEX "Delta Skymiles Platinum?" 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 22
trant3
Established Contributor

SoFi card is my go to for paying bills, utilities, random charges; automatic 2% discount 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 22
MzChrissy
New Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Congrats on your approvals. Are you meaning to say the AMEX "Delta Skymiles Platinum?" 

No, the AMEX Platinum.
Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

NFCU Platinum $50k | BlueNile $22.5k | Macys AMEX $20k | Citibank (AU) $19k | NFCU LOC $15k | AMEX Platinum $13k POT | Apple (Goldman Sachs) $12k | Amazon Store Card $10k | PayPal Credit $10k | Discover IT $10k | SoFi MasterCard $9k | Nordstrom Visa $6k
Message 6 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 7 of 22
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@MzChrissy wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

No, the AMEX Platinum.

Got it. Was just asking because the Platinum is a NPSL card, so was just curious about the $13,000. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 22
MzChrissy
New Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@MzChrissy wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

No, the AMEX Platinum.

Got it. Was just asking because the Platinum is a NPSL card, so was just curious about the $13,000. 

Correct, that's exactly what is says on the interest rate disclosure form. Pre-Set Spending Limit $13,000. I'm not sure what that means and will have to do further research. Any assistant or insight you can provide would be helpful.
Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

Message 9 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.