Message 11 of 22
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Platinum & SoFi Approvals

@MzChrissy wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@MzChrissy wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Congrats on your approvals. Are you meaning to say the AMEX "Delta Skymiles Platinum?" 

No, the AMEX Platinum.

Got it. Was just asking because the Platinum is a NPSL card, so was just curious about the $13,000. 

Correct, that's exactly what is says on the interest rate disclosure form. Pre-Set Spending Limit $13,000. I'm not sure what that means and will have to do further research. Any assistant or insight you can provide would be helpful.

I do not have any of their charge cards so I will not be quite as knowledgeable as some of the others. Is the $13,000 your "pay over time" limit? As I understood it they usually only restrict the NPSL and put an actual "limit" on the card is when your account is on the naughty list for something. POT is a newer feature of their charge cards making them somewhat of a hybrid charge/credit card. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 12 of 22
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@MzChrissy Congrats on your American Express Platinum & SoFi approvals. I'm new to the AmEx family (approved 3/2021) and I would like the AmEx Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant for travel purposes but I don't want another hard pull on my credit. In 3/2021, AmEx pulled my Experian score.  I'm trying to decide whether to pull the button or wait to develop a longer relationship with AmEx. Thanks for posting.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 13 of 22
MzChrissy
New Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@MzChrissy wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@MzChrissy wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Congrats on your approvals. Are you meaning to say the AMEX "Delta Skymiles Platinum?" 

No, the AMEX Platinum.

Got it. Was just asking because the Platinum is a NPSL card, so was just curious about the $13,000. 

Correct, that's exactly what is says on the interest rate disclosure form. Pre-Set Spending Limit $13,000. I'm not sure what that means and will have to do further research. Any assistant or insight you can provide would be helpful.

I do not have any of their charge cards so I will not be quite as knowledgeable as some of the others. Is the $13,000 your "pay over time" limit? As I understood it they usually only restrict the NPSL and put an actual "limit" on the card is when your account is on the naughty list for something. POT is a newer feature of their charge cards making them somewhat of a hybrid charge/credit card. 

Very strange, you are correct, there is no preset spending limit. I swear I saw $13k on my disclosure forms after applying but will have to wait to receive everything in the mail. Thanks for bringing this to my attention
No Preset Spending LimitNo Preset Spending Limit

Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Platinum $50k | BlueNile $22.5k | Macys AMEX $20k | Citibank (AU) $19k | NFCU LOC $15k | AMEX Platinum $13k POT | Apple (Goldman Sachs) $12k | Amazon Store Card $10k | PayPal Credit $10k | Discover IT $10k | SoFi MasterCard $9k | Nordstrom Visa $6k
Message 14 of 22
MzChrissy
New Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

@MzChrissy Congrats on your American Express Platinum & SoFi approvals. I'm new to the AmEx family (approved 3/2021) and I would like the AmEx Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant for travel purposes but I don't want another hard pull on my credit. In 3/2021, AmEx pulled my Experian score.  I'm trying to decide whether to pull the button or wait to develop a longer relationship with AmEx. Thanks for posting.

Congratulations! This is my first card with AMEX so I don't know much about your approval odds or chances however, I did read in another forum that someone was approved for both cards in the same day with the second card having a much lower starting limit. Best of luck!
Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

NFCU Platinum $50k | BlueNile $22.5k | Macys AMEX $20k | Citibank (AU) $19k | NFCU LOC $15k | AMEX Platinum $13k POT | Apple (Goldman Sachs) $12k | Amazon Store Card $10k | PayPal Credit $10k | Discover IT $10k | SoFi MasterCard $9k | Nordstrom Visa $6k
Message 15 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MzChrissy wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@MzChrissy wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@MzChrissy wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

No, the AMEX Platinum.

Very strange, you are correct, there is no preset spending limit. I swear I saw $13k on my disclosure forms after applying but will have to wait to receive everything in the mail. Thanks for bringing this to my attention
No Preset Spending LimitNo Preset Spending Limit

Check your spending power to see if you have a POT set and if so what it is set to.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 16 of 22
MzChrissy
New Contributor

Check your spending power to see if you have a POT set and if so what it is set to.

Ah, ok. I tried $13,001 and the system said it required additional informaton. I tried a lower amount of $12,995 and was fine. So I must have a limit of $13,000. I guess I'm on their "bad" list but idky, I don't have a relationship with AMEX (good or bad). Never the less, thank you both for helping me understand my new card. Lol. I do not plan to go over or close to $13k for any trip so I think I'm ok. I especially wanted the points and use of their airport loungesPOT $13,001.JPG

Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

Message 17 of 22
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congrats @MzChrissy on your approvals…and, TY for the DP’s, enjoy the cards and your added leverage! Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 22
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on both of your approvals! 🥳

Message 19 of 22
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Great approval you have here. Enjoy your travel time with the new card.

Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.