Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Platinum and Amex EveryDay Credit card approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Platinum and Amex EveryDay Credit card approvals

I applied for the Amex Platinum card first and received instant approval, followed it by applying to the EveryDay Credit card and instant approval also with $4k limit. Had a bit of relationship with Amex as an AU on a Delta Gold card for about 1 year with monthly spend between 2-15k on my card. Credit scores were low before as my SSN is around 3 years old, the oldest account that is my own is 4 years and 7 months old secured card. Score at time of app was Experian 714 with only auto loan pulls and all of them over 12mo old. Util on all accounts at around 47% due to some balance transfer cards with 0% I am taking advantage of. Had 1 baddie with a charged off account (my oldest) that was paid in full and was my mistake for not spotting the balance after I closed all my accounts with BoA. Income is 6 figures. 

Below I listed my accounts with balances. Most accounts are AU accounts until now. 

I applied also for the Chase Ritz-Carlton card, got the 30-day message. Called it in, the reps were super helpful and needed to verify SSN. Still waiting on response after sending in SS card trough branch to them earlier this morning. 

My current accounts:

Amex Platinum NEW

Amex EveryDay CC $4000 NEW 0% util

Cap1 Quicksilver CC $2500 1% util
SunTrust Secured CC $500 0% util
KOHLS/Cap1 CC $300 0% util
Home Depot/Genesis CC $2000 0% util
INFINITI Finance 5.28% $59k (48k bal)
INFINITI Lease $51k (17k on report as resid.)

AU accounts:

AMEX Delta $2000 31% util
DiscoverIT $11500 70% util (0% balance transfer)
Citi Thank You Pref $6900 30% util (0% balance transfer)
Wells Fargo Plat $6500 0% util
Lowes $1900 0% util
Chase/Soutwest RR %6000 0% util
Cap1 QS1 $2300 1% util

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Platinum and Amex EveryDay Credit card approvals

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the Amex Platinum card first and received instant approval, followed it by applying to the EveryDay Credit card and instant approval also with $4k limit. Had a bit of relationship with Amex as an AU on a Delta Gold card for about 1 year with monthly spend between 2-15k on my card. Credit scores were low before as my SSN is around 3 years old, the oldest account that is my own is 4 years and 7 months old secured card. Score at time of app was Experian 714 with only auto loan pulls and all of them over 12mo old. Util on all accounts at around 47% due to some balance transfer cards with 0% I am taking advantage of. Had 1 baddie with a charged off account (my oldest) that was paid in full and was my mistake for not spotting the balance after I closed all my accounts with BoA. Income is 6 figures. 

Below I listed my accounts with balances. Most accounts are AU accounts until now. 

I applied also for the Chase Ritz-Carlton card, got the 30-day message. Called it in, the reps were super helpful and needed to verify SSN. Still waiting on response after sending in SS card trough branch to them earlier this morning. 

My current accounts:

Amex Platinum NEW

Amex EveryDay CC $4000 NEW 0% util

Cap1 Quicksilver CC $2500 1% util
SunTrust Secured CC $500 0% util
KOHLS/Cap1 CC $300 0% util
Home Depot/Genesis CC $2000 0% util
INFINITI Finance 5.28% $59k (48k bal)
INFINITI Lease $51k (17k on report as resid.)

AU accounts:

AMEX Delta $2000 31% util
DiscoverIT $11500 70% util (0% balance transfer)
Citi Thank You Pref $6900 30% util (0% balance transfer)
Wells Fargo Plat $6500 0% util
Lowes $1900 0% util
Chase/Soutwest RR %6000 0% util
Cap1 QS1 $2300 1% util

CONGRATS!

Message 2 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new cards!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals and good luck on Ritz !!!!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Ritz-Carlton card just got approved for 10K SL after verification. So far looks like they pulled Experian and Equifax, I am located in FL. 

Message 5 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval spree!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.