Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express.

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express.

hey Iowe sorry I hope my post didn't confuse you about the secured cards , our Capital One secured graduated after 11 mths ,my Usaa is 14 mths and no hope in graduating so I'm am also closing mine this month , I wish I would have done it bf the Af hit but I'm gonna call to see if they will waive it somehow first
Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

They've already sent me an email right after the approval on how to earn a higher credit line.  Guess they wanna see what I'll do with it first.  I still can't believe they approved me.  Still in shock here since they've turned me down over and over again. But hey, things are looking up and I'll take that 500 and turn it into 50000.  

Message 22 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea we do.  Congrats to you as well. I noticed that close with a balance each month myself to.  I'm wondering how much higher the line will be to myself.  I was thinking of calling them to ask.   I love AX.  Working on getting Discover now to.  I've got  Merrick bank 1400, Barclay Apple 1500,  3 Cap one cards 1500, 1100, and 500 limits, NFCU 1700, Paypal 2000, Marathon 1000, True Value 1000, AX 500, FCU 500, Pier 1 1500.    

Message 23 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear ya.. I've been trying to get in with Chase to.  They are hard to get.  I've not tried them lately might need to since I closed 90 percent of my store cards, and with that being the reason they kept deny me was to many open accounts.  Store cards are a waste of time unless your rebuilding and your fico is rock bottom. 

Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

K-in-Boston, what is the "credit pulls database"? I've been trying to find out when Amex did their last sp because I don't want the hp when I apply for the gold card.
Message 25 of 40
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting the approval! I've been on the rebuilding stage since I got my cards in January and had the BCE on my list for the next card to apply for in May. I saw it pop up in CK for me the other day as fair odds to get it, though it was the first time it came up like that for me. Since I don't know how accurate CK is with that, I'm going to wait near the end of May as planned. Scores are getting pretty close to 630 like yours, so I'm going to see what happens after my next two payments. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 26 of 40
rayneyday
Valued Member

A funny thing happened on my way to the garden...

...I stumbled onto this thread, thought "Hmm my EX is pretty close to 630", and viola -- approved with SL of $500.  Happy Friday Smiley Happy

Feb '17: EQ 644/TU 615/EX 632 >> Jul '22: EQ 808/TU 817/EX 780
Cash 365 $12500 // Amazon Prime $6000 // Citi DC $5000 // Best Buy Visa $4000 // Discover IT $4600 // Cash+ $4500
AMEX BCP $15400 // Walmart $6000 // US Bank $10000 // Amex CM $1000 // Amex ED $4900 // Discover IT $7500
Message 27 of 40
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

Congrats, OP!

I was approved last month for $500 AmEx ED with EX 635. I also did not get the sign up bonus, and I also received the email about the first 5 statements and making sure to leave a balance. I'm wondering what the first increase will be, I'm going to make sure I follow their directions. 

Also, someone mentioned they weren't able to make a payment before the first statement.  I was able to make a payment before the first statement cut, not sure why you weren't able too. 

CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $3.5k | Discover $2.9k | Amex Everyday $3k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $6k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2.9k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $3.3k | PayPal MC $8k | CSP $5k | WF CashWise $2k
Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Approved for Delta Gold Rewards card @ 5K

Is there a 90 day window with AMEX for the same pull or would I have to call by phone for that option?

Thinking about applying for one AMEX card before I officially head to the garden until mid-2018.

Goal is to be at 700..

Question about balance transfers: If i were to do it with one of my AMEX cards. Would I be able to close one of my exisiting cards (NOT AMEX)?

They say its not good to close c/c but have some type of revolving balance.. True or not.

Message 29 of 40
Tazman81
Established Contributor

These are some pretty good data points.  It almost sounds like AMEX may be running a new program or something helping to get people in the door and foster responsible credit habits so that the credit limits can grow.  I would certainly be interested to hear about your continued experiences with the card.

Does the email specify how much of a balance to leave?  My assumption would be even though they want a balance, it probably should be a relatively low one in relation to what the credit limit is?

Has anyone been able to get anymore details on if they anticipate doing the 3X CLI after the 5 statement or if it may be a more generous increase?

Congrats to all for the approvals.  AMEX is a good one to have on your side.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.