American Express.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express.

Established Contributor
Tazman81

These are some pretty good data points.  It almost sounds like AMEX may be running a new program or something helping to get people in the door and foster responsible credit habits so that the credit limits can grow.  I would certainly be interested to hear about your continued experiences with the card.

Does the email specify how much of a balance to leave?  My assumption would be even though they want a balance, it probably should be a relatively low one in relation to what the credit limit is?

Has anyone been able to get anymore details on if they anticipate doing the 3X CLI after the 5 statement or if it may be a more generous increase?

Congrats to all for the approvals.  AMEX is a good one to have on your side.

Starting Score: Eq: 662 Tu: 532 (03/02/2011) CH7BK 01/12/2009 Discharge
Current Score: Eq: 712 (02/03/2017) Tu: 717 (04/03/2013)
Goal Score: Eq: 760 Tu: 760

Wallet: Chartway Visa 12.5k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | LFCU Visa 11k | PenFed Power Cash
Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG,  I've tried so many times over and over again for an American Express and finally got it tonight. Starting line 500.00 and now they are telling me how to earn a higher credit line in 5 payments.  My advise to new credit seekers is don't have to many store cards.  Only go for Bank cards more value and points.  I closed out 20 store cards before AX would look at it. They said I had to many open accounts at first.  So happy. Thanks AX.  

EQ 615, TU 635, EU 639.   

Bring it on home.  Got my eyes on Discover now.  Soon very soon.  

I'm so happy for you I know the feeling, I got approved for the Plat Charge today, a dream of mine for many years! Keep it up and you'll have one too!

Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous
Established Member
@Anonymousjdmorlando

Re: American Express.[ New ]

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG,  I've tried so many times over and over again for an American Express and finally got it tonight. Starting line 500.00 and now they are telling me how to earn a higher credit line in 5 payments.  My advise to new credit seekers is don't have to many store cards.  Only go for Bank cards more value and points.  I closed out 20 store cards before AX would look at it. They said I had to many open accounts at first.  So happy. Thanks AX.  

EQ 615, TU 635, EU 639.   

Bring it on home.  Got my eyes on Discover now.  Soon very soon.  

I'm so happy for you I know the feeling, I got approved for the Plat Charge today, a dream of mine for many years! Keep it up and you'll have one too!

Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Congrats! You should see your credit line as soon as you log in.

Approved for Hilton Honors..

Would I be able to apply for Delta with the same pull within 90 days?

That's great news.  AmEx has not been doing HPs on existing cardholders lately for additional cards.  I am not sure exactly when you would be an "existing cardholder" vs a new applicant, though.  If you're concerned with another pull, I would wait until they are showing your monthly Experian score on your account so you know that they're soft pulling you.  No guarantees that you would not get a HP, but this seems to be the case for those applying for additional personal cards.

Neither of my brand new Amex accounts are showing on my EX yet, yet I had a SP today and got approved for Amex Plat., I remain stunned!

Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

I have 2 baddies on my reports and I got prequalified for the BCE and ED via the prequalification link. I was denied after applying. I have 653.650,629 Fico scores. I keep seeing approvals with similar scores and situations, I really had my hopes up High trying to get in the door with them. On the other hand I got an Barclays $3500 approval.
Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Valued Member
Amorg730

Congrats on the approval!

I have 2 baddies on my reports and I got prequalified for the BCE and ED via the prequalification link. I was denied after applying. I have 653.650,629 Fico scores. I keep seeing approvals with similar scores and situations, I really had my hopes up High trying to get in the door with them. On the other hand I got an Barclays $3500 approval.
Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

One day when I get my baddies off I will apply again and see what happens. I was really upset about it! lol I would have not wasted an inquiry had I known, I really thought their link was accurate.
Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Valued Member
Amorg730

Re: American Express.[ New ]
One day when I get my baddies off I will apply again and see what happens. I was really upset about it! lol I would have not wasted an inquiry had I known, I really thought their link was accurate.
Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the last reasoning was my debt on my cards was too high. All of them are under 30% except one. My oldest card is 7 years old. I think my AAOA is 3.5 years. It was really a collection that didn't get me in. But WHY did they have to tease me like that!? lol! I guess my score of increase of 100+ points did it? Idk. The collection isn't new. Nothing new on my reports is bad. It was nice to "pre-qualified" offers on the Amex page though Smiley Happy
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.