Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express

tag
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Re: American Express

Congratulations on getting both card approvals... Hopefully you are single and going to use and enjoy them, but if you are married or have a significant other, you can make them an AU of the Platinum card and they will receive a Gold card. Then you have both on one account... just food for thought! 🍻
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most definitely will be taking advantage of the AU option. Twice the rewards and fun for sure.. Plus having both Platinum and Gold is awesome..

Use one for traveling and the other for belly food..

Message 12 of 28
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Great cards to be sure

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a heft AF situation for sure.. and congrats! I think everyone has thier own theories regarding annual fees and certain spending that fits thier lifestyle. 

What might seem overkill to me might not be to you. So with that, congratulations! Enjoy!

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HighAchiever wrote:
Congratulations on getting both card approvals... Hopefully you are single and going to use and enjoy them, but if you are married or have a significant other, you can make them an AU of the Platinum card and they will receive a Gold card. Then you have both on one account... just food for thought! 🍻

The reward structure of the Platinum AU Gold mimics the Platinum - 5X on flights, etc., not the Gold  - 4X on Dining/Grocery.

OP, I think this is a very strong setup.  Hit up a Centurion Lounge a couple of times, and you are in the money.

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally understand but the Gold card I applied for is Outside of the one that's associated with the Platinum card. Many ppl don't notice that there's actually 2 Gold cards. The one associated with the Platinum and the one that grants you rewards for Dining and Groceries.. The Dining and Groceries is the one I was approved for 2 or was it 3 days later ..
Message 16 of 28
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Got it... Smiley Wink  I didn't realize that there was a difference... Congrats OP and thanks 

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish there was an app or website that was exclusive for AMEX card holders that laid out all the opportunities to gain points. Hearing about it from the grapevine or doing left work is a daunting task by itself. There must be something out there.....if anyone has a brilliant idea on something as such then I'm all ears..
Message 18 of 28
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
But the perks along for both cards off set the annual fee..

Here's a question I have for you, and for many other folks who get these cards with big annual fees. And it's even a question I ask myself.

Why get a card at all if all you're going to do with it is get enough benefit from it to offset the annual fee?  Why not just skip it and get a no-fee or low-fee card, which just gives you benefits?

Cause those cards don't clank when they hit the table.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why get the card cause beside the perks the rewards are endless. Well everything has a limit but why not take advantage of something most ppl.dont have access to. Makes sense right? Plus I look at charge cards as debit cards on steroids. Now that's how you manage money...
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.