Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express.

tag
smw1103
Established Member

Re: American Express.

I got the same offer! $500 with increase after 5 online payments. However I didn't know I had to leave a balance on the statement! I make payments every week because it's such as small line if credit but I will let it close with $50 from now on.

Since I didn't get the bonus my goal was to do good with this card for a year and get Amex PRG. Transfer my ED points over and then close. I will reopen it and see if I qualify for the bonus again later. But I will probably wait for that because I do want to get in with Chase and I need to watch my 5/24. Right now I'm 3/24 but one account will fall off this sunmer.

I think my Fico was 671 when I applied but I'm paying off a card that is 90% utilized. Overall utilization is 40%. Im not applying for anything else until I'm at 700+ 720.

My goal is to get Chase southwest, CSP, Freedom and Amex PRG. I have prequels for all the Chase cards on my list and I have 60k miles offer from southwest. But I'm not applying with my utilization that high. I really want some good starting limits!
/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/wayfair.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo wayfair.jpg" title="WayFair $1,000">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Quicksilver.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Quicksilver.jpg" title="Quicksilver $4,500">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/JCPenney.png.html" target="_blank"> photo JCPenney.png" title="JCPenney $3,500">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/walmart.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo walmart.jpg" title="Walmart $3,500">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Merrick.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Merrick.jpg" title="Merrick $2,000">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/fingerhut.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo fingerhut.jpg" title="Fingerhut $1,800">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Amazon.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Amazon.jpg" title="Amazon store card $3,500">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Barclay.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Barclay.jpg" title="Barclay Rewards $1,300">

/s274.photobucket.com/user/smwrigh3/media/Credit%20One.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Credit One.jpg" title="Credit One $1,900">
Message 11 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Congrats! You should see your credit line as soon as you log in.

Approved for Hilton Honors..

Would I be able to apply for Delta with the same pull within 90 days?

Message 12 of 40
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats op on getting your foot in the door , it will grow in time and @Spintech which one did you go for ?
Message 13 of 40
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your AMEX approval!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 14 of 40
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Congrats! You should see your credit line as soon as you log in.

Approved for Hilton Honors..

Would I be able to apply for Delta with the same pull within 90 days?

That's great news.  AmEx has not been doing HPs on existing cardholders lately for additional cards.  I am not sure exactly when you would be an "existing cardholder" vs a new applicant, though.  If you're concerned with another pull, I would wait until they are showing your monthly Experian score on your account so you know that they're soft pulling you.  No guarantees that you would not get a HP, but this seems to be the case for those applying for additional personal cards.

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iowe wrote:
I agree. I wish I could've gotten that card instead of the usaa secured. When I close the card I still have to wait for a CD to mature to get my deposit back. ☹️

That actually isn't true.  I just closed my USAA Secured card after just a year.  I was starting to get better cards and didn't want my money tied up in a secured card that doesn't graduate.  Basically I forfeited the $5 in interest that it accrued and got my full deposit back

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is a good EX score to apply for the Hilton Honors AMEX, SPG AMEX or Delta Airlines AMEX? 
Right now EX score is 658.

I would say 670 or higher...at least that's my understanding...good luck !!

Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval...looks like 670 is not needed these days...

Message 18 of 40
iowe
Regular Contributor

Nice. I misunderstood someone else that posted about their secured usaa. Closing mine as soon as I can. Makes no sense to leave $250 cash in their hands for a card that is sock drawered and useless now.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get approved for $1K on both BCE and Delta Skymiles Gold on the same day with the same pull with a 651 EX and $118k income. Obviously it'll be different for everyone
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.