Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ameriprise Amex Platinum Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ameriprise Amex Platinum Approved!

Last January I cancelled my Amex Platinum and avoided getting hit with the new $550 AF. Really thought I didn't need it, I wasn't making use some of the perks..

But I truly miss it once it was gone and the perks that came with did were all gone too. No Priority Pass, No more Monthly Uber Credits, etc..

Finally today I decided to App for the Ameriprise Amex Plat which has a similar benefit and a 1st yr AF Waived. Got Approved instantly! So glad to be back with the Amex Plat.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Ameriprise Amex Platinum Approved!

Good for you!

Glad you got it back.

CHEERS

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 3 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Exactly what I did had the 100k MR offer got it cancelled at year mark before billed again then got the Amerprise Amex which now has uber credits where mine didnt at time along with the 100$ yearly saks credit, not to mention already got 400 in AA GC's so working out quite well not giving them a cent other than a bit of trivial spend.. I will be keeping this card at least for another year as not a bad card and good benefits (perks being uber, airline credits, saks, hotel status, concierge, etc, etc)..  

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Last January I cancelled my Amex Platinum and avoided getting hit with the new $550 AF. Really thought I didn't need it, I wasn't making use some of the perks..

But I truly miss it once it was gone and the perks that came with did were all gone too. No Priority Pass, No more Monthly Uber Credits, etc..

Finally today I decided to App for the Ameriprise Amex Plat which has a similar benefit and a 1st yr AF Waived. Got Approved instantly! So glad to be back with the Amex Plat.

Congrats on your Ameriprise Platinum Card approval!!Smiley Very Happy 

Message 5 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was considering going this route eventually.  But Amex changed the rules on SUBs and card type while I was mulling it over on SUBs.  

Message 7 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Beam you up with congratsSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You all..

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had been thinking about applying, even tried to set up a small brokerage account or CD, or something with Ameriprise so I could say with a straight face that I had a relationship with them...the person I spoke to, who I know personally, either wanted ALL of my investments or nothing at all.  Not Hapening!

I may still app the card, it's on my list but not at the top of the list.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.