Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 2X CLI

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Amex 2X CLI

I had my Amex CM for just over a year. I did a request a few weeks ago to take it to 30K, 3x would have been 36K, but I was scared to ask for it all. Got the 7-10 day message, which I knew was because I was not 180 days since my last 3x CLI.

Got an email from them a couple of days ago congratulating me on my year so I tried again, but only asked for 2x, instant approval to 24K. Kicking myself for not trying the 3x, but was a little gun shy and I have not really used it that much since I have other cards at 3%. Not that bummed because at 24K its now my highest limit card and they have bumped my limit 20K since I got it at a 4K SL. All an all Amex has been good to me.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 2X CLI

Congrats on your Amex increase!

Message 2 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on you're CM 2x CLISmiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!  AMEX is the BEST in my book.  This post by you is very reassuring because I just met my 61st+ day on a new AMEX Hilton Aspire card with a low starting credit limit of $4,000 compared to the $11,500 starting cl for their Delta Skymiles Gold card they approved me for on the same day -- weird.  They actually approved me for 3 cards in total (AMEX Rose Gold NPSL) on the same night in early July of this year.

So, a couple of days ago I requested a CLI on the AMEX Aspire and requested the $4,000 to $8,000 (didn't want to try the X3), and received the dreaded 7-10 day response.  All AMEX cards are paid in full as well, but I have 5 total inquiries on my Experian since July 2019.  My gut is telling me it's a denial since I've been approved for a lot of new credit, but hope there aren't any grave implications for requesting.  FICOs are all in the solid 700s, but I worry if I tried too soon.  

At least your post gives me hope.  If I get a denial letter, I will just wait on them for an auto CLI. In past, I've been through a FR and while it was painless, I just don't want to deal with that again.  

Message 4 of 5
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

Congrats on the sizable increase. This board has tought me to always swing for the fences when it comes to CLI requests. Next time go for 35k with confidence!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.