Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3X CL approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 3X CL approval!

I mostly garden now but had to try for one more cli with my amex blu ( it had been 6 months to the day ) just got approved @ 18K which is my highest CL. I worked hard to get my scores up so that I could do this but truthfully find it too much like work at times juggling so many cards. I don't plan on closing anymore for now but can't use them all! Weird to complain about a thing like that when 2 years ago I had one card. From $300 to approx 90K in CL's with about 4% ultiliz. Thanks to this forum too!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 3X CL approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

@I mostly garden now but had to try for one more cli with my amex blu ( it had been 6 months to the day ) just got approved @ 18K which is my highest CL. I worked hard to get my scores up so that I could do this but truthfully find it too much like work at times juggling so many cards. I don't plan on closing anymore for now but can't use them all! Weird to complain about a thing like that when 2 years ago I had one card. From $300 to approx 90K in CL's with about 4% ultiliz. Thanks to this forum too!

Congrats on the 3X! Mine is coming up in March!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  Feels great don't it???!!!  

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a successful 3x CLI.  When i got my first 3x CLI on my Amex it became my highest card. Once it reported i began to notice other lenders more easily gave me CLIs to a higher limit and new cards that i would get would have a high SL. I hope you have the same luck.

Message 4 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

We are so happy for you!!!!! Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's a great feeling to have a boss credit card.  I am scared to death of AMEX charge cards (I am assuming that's what this is).  I can remember my parents having one when I was a teenager.  They got into some credit trouble and got rid of it.  I hope you do well with the card.

Message 6 of 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it's a great feeling to have a boss credit card.  I am scared to death of AMEX charge cards (I am assuming that's what this is).  I can remember my parents having one when I was a teenager.  They got into some credit trouble and got rid of it.  I hope you do well with the card.

CC - the Blue line or anything AMEX for that matter with a CL is a revolver.... The NPSL cards are all Charge and PIF

OP - having too many cards is an issue we all face sometimes.  There's nothing wrong with it if you manage them and don't lose track of them.  I have 10 and for me that's about suboptimal because i truly use 2 primarily being AMEX / Disco and then have to rotate the rest periodically for my Cell bill to keep them active and scoring points.  I don't bother with CLI's on those since 4 of them are CU cards and require a HP for anything and they're mostly 17K/ea and 1 of them is 29K which is fine.  The rest are Sam's MC, Macy's AX, Disco, AMEX, Cap1/Chase (don't use them other than for aging/oldest open accounts).  I guess it's a psychologocal hurdle to cull the herd after working hard for years to get things to where they are.  Eventually they'll just close on their own as they get less and less attention.  It took nearly 2 years for Synch to close my Sam's PLCC card that was replaced with the MC.  True bank cards though can go much longer w/o use before they make a move at least when it comes to the lenders I have.  Some others close on month 13 of no use and some suspend as early as 6 months.  

Just do whatever feels right and works for your plans.

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

First world problems right OpSmiley Wink Just drop the mic, your on fire!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the great replies!  I  have more than 10 cards & use maybe 4-5. So yes, will let the others drop off on their own. BTW, I didn't even wait for a full 6 months, well it was minus a few hours. It was still the 23rd here on the west coast, when I logged into my acct. the date said 24th ( east coast time ) so I went for it. Also, I had a balance of approx. $600  on my card when I got the approval?  Kind of strange really. My exp fico is 742, no bads. Agree, it doesn't hurt your credit to have amex in your file. I got an 'offer' from amex for another blue card and a charge but am not taking the bait. I really don't want\need any more cards. Such a relief to say that compared to those app spree days..

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I did my 3X cli 2 days ago!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.