Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x Auto-CLI... Finally!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3x Auto-CLI... Finally!

You always prevail UncleB! I'm so glad for you!

Message 31 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent News! Enjoy your new SL and card this holiday season.
Message 32 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Way to go UncleB. No matter the amount of increase, it's your party and you deserve to party if you want to! Here's to many more CLI in 2017 Smiley Happy

Thanks GM8!  Smiley Very Happy

Amex can be quite peculiar if you have a "past" with them, and I'm hoping that my own experience might prove to be helpful to others in a similar situation.  With a little luck I'm now off their 'naughty' list and 2017 will be better indeed!

Thanks again!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

You always prevail UncleB! I'm so glad for you!

Thanks so much, Donny!  Smiley Very Happy

I have much to be thankful for, and credit-wise most of that 'thanks' is directed to my friends right here on the forums.  Without the wisdom and encouragement of my friends here much (heck, most) of what I have credit-wise wouldn't have been possible.

Message 34 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Excellent News! Enjoy your new SL and card this holiday season.

Thanks, DK!  Smiley Very Happy

I have to admit the timing with the holidays was pretty good!  Smiley Tongue

Message 35 of 45
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats fantastic UncleB!!. Very happy to see they give some auto luv.May the Amex force be with youSmiley Wink
Message 36 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats fantastic UncleB!!. Very happy to see they give some auto luv.May the Amex force be with youSmiley Wink

Thanks so much, AJC!  Smiley Very Happy

I was already an Amex fan, now I like them just a little more!  Smiley LOL

Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Hello friends!

I almost didn't share this since to most it will be "small potatoes", but then I thought that some might find the data point valuable so here I am.

A quick re-hash:  I opened my BCP back in April 2015, and was given a starting credit line of $1k.  I've requested a CLI numerous times (actually, five) and each time I've been declined due to "prior negative experience with an American Express account."  This refers to an account that was IIBK back in 2000 - 16 years ago.

My last decline was in August so it would have been time for me to try again someday this week, but I wasn't going to bother since I just assumed that I was permanently stuck at $1k. 

Then I got an email - "Important information about your account."  Honestly I thought the worst when I saw that, and I nearly fell over when I opened it and saw that they have given me a 3x auto-CLI to $3k.  Smiley Surprised

amexCLI.jpg

The weird part is that before when I would request the CLI my profile was actually stronger than it is now. 

My EX is down to 739 (previously in the 760s) because of new accounts/inquiries and some balances I've let report.  Also, at the moment my BCP balance is $600+, which is more than 60% of my credit line... hardly 'perfect' stats for a CLI, but yet there it is.  I have been using it pretty hard each month (usually $400-$600) and I always PIF, so that might have helped.

As happy as I have been the last few months over much more generous approvals with other cards, this 'little' CLI actually has me quite excited... it appears I might be "back in the game" with Amex after all!  Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations! I'm hoping for success with a 3X CLI request on my AMEX Delta Gold on day 61 (19 Jan 2017) I was given a $1,000 SL with my BCE after my $5,000 SL Delta Gold. Wish you continued success on your credit journey! Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! I'm hoping for success with a 3X CLI request on my AMEX Delta Gold on day 61 (19 Jan 2017) I was given a $1,000 SL with my BCE after my $5,000 SL Delta Gold. Wish you continued success on your credit journey! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much!  Smiley Very Happy

Don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away... they've kept me on a tight leash for 18 months, but eventually it did happen!  Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 45
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

UncleB -- what happens if you ask for more? Like instead of 3X you said give me 10000, would they counter and say nooo here is 3K now shut up.
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.