Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI Success!

tag
Calistal
Regular Contributor

Amex 3x CLI Success!

So I went for the full 3x, expecting they'd counter (like they did last time), but, surprisingly, I've just gone from a 4k credit limit to a 12k credit limit. YAY!  I'm super pumped! Amex is now my highest credit limit!  (I'm just gonna go stand in the corner and dance, and then question why these credit card companies trust me so much Smiley Tongue)

Starting Scores : EQ: 593 // TU: 571 // EX: 595 ~~5/2023 : TU: 823 // EX: 831 // EQ: 838
TCLs: 144k
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3x CLI Success!

Congrats! WTG! I'm liking Amex a little more everyday myself.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS !!!!
Message 3 of 16
Calistal
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous-forumfan wrote:

Congrats! WTG! I'm liking Amex a little more everyday myself.

I know, right?  I'm strangely not a big fan of their rewards system (at least for my Everyday card since I don't shop at "grocery stores" for my groceries), but I love their deals and their online customer service.  I've not actually called them ever before, so I can't speak to that, but their chat CS is super helpful. Smiley Happy  I'm not using them much right now, cause I just got approved for my discover with double cash in April, so Discover is my main spend right now, but, of all my cards, I only carry my amex and my discover. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores : EQ: 593 // TU: 571 // EX: 595 ~~5/2023 : TU: 823 // EX: 831 // EQ: 838
TCLs: 144k
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new limit!  Woman Very Happy  They trust you because you're being responsible & your credit scores show it.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Calistal wrote:

So I went for the full 3x, expecting they'd counter (like they did last time), but, surprisingly, I've just gone from a 4k credit limit to a 12k credit limit. YAY!  I'm super pumped! Amex is now my highest credit limit!  (I'm just gonna go stand in the corner and dance, and then question why these credit card companies trust me so much Smiley Tongue)

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Calistal wrote:

Nicely done.  A couple of questions for you though.  One, you spoke of "last time" which implies this wasn't your first CLI on the card.  Or, perhaps you have 2 Amex cards?  If you are speaking of the same card, what was your SL and what did you ask for CL wise and were countered with $4k with?  Also, when you requested your CLI did you do it online or did you do it over the phone?  Thanks for your feedback - I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible as in 30 days I'll be going for my first ever Amex CLI (3X = goal).

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I'll wait for when you 3X the next time. 36k. Haha

Message 8 of 16
Lymin
New Contributor

Congrats, that is great!

I can't wait to try for a CLI with AMEX. Is it a HP?

Gardening since 8/13/2016

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know CLI requests are SPs from Amex unless otherwise stated when you attempt one, and at that point you can back out if you're told it will be a HP as to avoid it.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.