Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3x CLI on Hilton Card

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Amex 3x CLI on Hilton Card

After realizing that today was the 180th day after my last Amex CLI, then studying up in the forum to ensure that (a) the 6-month rule is really a 180-day rule and (b) a premature application doesn't reset the time limit, I hit the luv button & got a 3X CLI, from 5k to 15k on my Hilton card.

Pleased.

I learn so much here.

Who would have thought that requesting 3 times one's existing credit limit wouldn't get you laughed out of the place?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3x CLI on Hilton Card

That's awesome! I was just approved for the Amex Hilton for $10K and it's on it's way to me now. I'm nervous to request a CLI at teh 61 day mark because I've read Amex gets weird about approving over $25-$30K. So I may request 2x, I'm not sure yet. At any rate it looks to be a great card and I'm glad you got your approval! 

Message 2 of 11
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Congrats card is on my 2 do list.

Message 3 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Way to go SouthJamaica. Congrats on your 3X CLI.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

NICE...Congrats!!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats SouthJamaica awesome job on your 3x AMEX cli!!! 😊
Message 6 of 11
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome! I was just approved for the Amex Hilton for $10K and it's on it's way to me now. I'm nervous to request a CLI at teh 61 day mark because I've read Amex gets weird about approving over $25-$30K. So I may request 2x, I'm not sure yet. At any rate it looks to be a great card and I'm glad you got your approval! 

I went from 10K to 30K at 61 w/o any issue and instant approval.  The point at which they start asking for the 4506 seems to be at 34.5K.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know AustinGuy, I may go for it then knowing that. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, SJ! Congratulations!

Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice SJ, enjoy the breathing roomSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.