cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 61 day 3x CLI even after initially got the "will raise your credit limit after 5 statement cuts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 61 day 3x CLI even after initially got the "will raise your credit limit after 5 state

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so this is an online process only not a CSR via phone deal like the initial approval?

In most cases, even the approval is entirely online. Some people have to call in but it's not really normal. You can call for a CLI, but it's easier online. Now, if you get a message to call in at that point, two things, it's either to tell you that you've tried too early (because of your profile 61+ days is too early) or there's some other form of verification needed. 

CLI's are generally instant, anything else is usually a denial, but not always. I always tell people that have low starting limits (under 2k) to wait 4-6 months so that your profile with them can take the time and build up some reliable history but there are so many people that wanna build quickly, and there are those on here that will egg you on to push it hard and fast.

Patience, young Padawan.

Message 11 of 23
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 61 day 3x CLI even after initially got the "will raise your credit limit after 5 state

I'll try to remember this when my mom's Amex hits 61 days because she got the same email.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
I'll try to remember this when my mom's Amex hits 61 days because she got the same email.

What was her SL?

Message 13 of 23
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's decent. Just have her make sure to use it heavily and keep the reporting balance low and she should have no problem. The 61 day thing isn't a guarantee, so don't get upset if it declines.
Message 15 of 23
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

We won't be upset. I'm not sure how heavy she plans to use it but I do know the balance will be low. Usually her accounts are PIF before the statement cuts but for the 5 month increase she has to have a balance cut. That'll take some adjusting to.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Well done!

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to do the secondary verification thing with my address, I don't know if that will be a 'thing' come Triple Size time or not....

Also, what are your thoughts on usage prior to the request...
Example:
My goal was to take advantage of the extended 0%
I wanted to move some 'weight' over to the card but the CL came back at 4k

So obviously I prefer to get the 12k number

My question is if I BT say 3k over to the card will it hurt the chances of the 3X do to excessive use of the CL

I'm trying to find out, do you tip toe usage till Day 61 burning 2 months of your 0% or go ahead and use it because it doesn't matter?

Thoughts????
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it have a 0 transfer fee?
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes 0 BT and 0 apr 4k SL
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.