Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex App Spree - 3 Approvals, 1 Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex App Spree - 3 Approvals, 1 Pull

Ohhh, you know, you may be right, I think I've read that existing customers lose that nifty prequal page and have to rely on the logged in "offers" page or whatever.

Message 11 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ohhh, you know, you may be right, I think I've read that existing customers lose that nifty prequal page and have to rely on the logged in "offers" page or whatever.

You read correctly.  Existing customers who fill out and submit info on the prequal page will be told to log onto their AMEX online account,

When logged in, Menu -> Cards -> Charge & Credit Card Offers then select "Apply Now" for the card you're interested  in.

I get messages that I am pre-approved, but also that I will get a decision in as little as 30 seconds and no fixed APR value.  Perhaps YMMV.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

coldfusion wrote:
When logged in, Menu -> Cards -> Charge & Credit Card Offers then select "Apply Now" for the card you're interested in.

I feel like this may be the current member equivalent of a pre-qualification page though it doesn't necessarily mean you are pre-qualified. I had the Gold Delta and the Platinum and both had "pre-approved" language. I checked for my dad (whose credit I'm building as he's always been a cash only guy and he's currently at a 750 FICO) and his language was something along the lines of "Looking to expand or extend your relationship with Amex."

Agreed, YMMV.
Message 13 of 14
916networktech
Contributor

I Applied for 2 AMEX Cards on the same day.  I got 2 Hard Pulls on Experian 1 for each app , I asked the Rep and he was clueless 

| January 2017 American Express Blue $3000 | October 2017 American Express Everyday $2800 | October 2017 American Express Schwab Investor Card $6000 | September 2017 Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa $500 | December 2016 Discover it | $3,000 | September 2017 Paypal MC $700 | September 2017 Nordstrom Store CC $3000 | CreditCare $12000 | December 2017 BBVA Visa $12500 |

EX 688 December 2018
TU 680 December 2018
INQs: 5
Credit Started January 2017

cc
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.