Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval after 2 CO's

tag
RotaryP7
Valued Member

Amex Approval after 2 CO's

I've read around the forums that if Amex has you on their blacklist when you reapply to one of their cards, it's an instant denied, no HP. So I said, well let's see if I'm actually blacklisted, it won't hurt. And guess what? I was approved for their BCE. It's only 1k CL but man, I'll take whatever they give me.

I had 2 CO's with Amex, and I recently paid off the last one in March of this year. So those wondering if they'll let you back in after paying off their CO's, it's possible. 

They used my Experian since I got the alert. I've been rebuilding my credit so it's only at 672, per FICO. 

I never got the confirmation e-mail but I called to make sure it wasn't an error; they said I should receive my card in 3-5 days. 

Chase Freedom Unlimited $1K | Chase Freedom Flex $500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3.3K | Capital One SavorOne $1K | Discover IT $9K | AMEX BCE $1K | Apple Card $1.5K | AMEX ED $1K
Current FICO 8: EQ: 691 TU: 692 EX: 691
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Approval after 2 CO's

Grats on getting back in the door with Amex!!!

Message 2 of 28
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

Message 3 of 28
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Nice going bud!

Message 4 of 28
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with AMEX!

Message 5 of 28
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Good work and Congrats 😎

Message 6 of 28
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

|  
Message 7 of 28
JustJay119
Regular Contributor

Wow congrats on getting back in. I too have two charge offs. Only one paid off so far.

enjoy! 

Current

AU

Banking

Scores 10/15/21
Message 8 of 28
RotaryP7
Valued Member

@JustJay119 wrote:

Wow congrats on getting back in. I too have two charge offs. Only one paid off so far.

enjoy! 

Thank you! And keep at it. Whenever you pay it off, just know Amex will let you back in if you ever decide to.

Chase Freedom Unlimited $1K | Chase Freedom Flex $500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3.3K | Capital One SavorOne $1K | Discover IT $9K | AMEX BCE $1K | Apple Card $1.5K | AMEX ED $1K
Current FICO 8: EQ: 691 TU: 692 EX: 691
Message 9 of 28
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.