Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval after 2 CO's

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Approval after 2 CO's

Congratulations on your Amex BCE approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!! ..

Message 12 of 28
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I cant get a Amex they just dont like my profile. Im happy for you!!!!

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RotaryP7 wrote:

I've read around the forums that if Amex has you on their blacklist when you reapply to one of their cards, it's an instant denied, no HP. So I said, well let's see if I'm actually blacklisted, it won't hurt. And guess what? I was approved for their BCE. It's only 1k CL but man, I'll take whatever they give me.

I had 2 CO's with Amex, and I recently paid off the last one in March of this year. So those wondering if they'll let you back in after paying off their CO's, it's possible. 

They used my Experian since I got the alert. I've been rebuilding my credit so it's only at 672, per FICO. 

I never got the confirmation e-mail but I called to make sure it wasn't an error; they said I should receive my card in 3-5 days. 

Way to go! This is the kind of approval post that will help a lot of people in a similar situation!

Message 15 of 28
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on getting back in with Amex!!!

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RotaryP7 wrote:

I've read around the forums that if Amex has you on their blacklist when you reapply to one of their cards, it's an instant denied, no HP. So I said, well let's see if I'm actually blacklisted, it won't hurt. And guess what? I was approved for their BCE. It's only 1k CL but man, I'll take whatever they give me.

I had 2 CO's with Amex, and I recently paid off the last one in March of this year. So those wondering if they'll let you back in after paying off their CO's, it's possible. 

They used my Experian since I got the alert. I've been rebuilding my credit so it's only at 672, per FICO. 

I never got the confirmation e-mail but I called to make sure it wasn't an error; they said I should receive my card in 3-5 days. 

Thank you for this post as I was wondering the same thing. I have a $5k CO w them and will work to pay it off.

What was the process you went through? Was it just a matter of calling them and setting up a payment plan?

Message 17 of 28
RotaryP7
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! I cant get a Amex they just dont like my profile. Im happy for you!!!!

**bleep**, when was the last time you tried? You have solid scores to at least get the BCE or ED. You will soon, don't stress it.

Chase Freedom Unlimited $1K | Chase Freedom Flex $500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3.3K | Capital One SavorOne $1K | Discover IT $9K | AMEX BCE $1K | Apple Card $1.5K | AMEX ED $1K
Current FICO 8: EQ: 691 TU: 692 EX: 691
Message 18 of 28
RotaryP7
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@RotaryP7 wrote:

Thank you for this post as I was wondering the same thing. I have a $5k CO w them and will work to pay it off.

What was the process you went through? Was it just a matter of calling them and setting up a payment plan?

Alright, quick story. So I had 2 CO's. One was an Amex Green which I owed about $12k and the other was a BCE which I owed about $4.5k. I settled the BCE with Freedom Debt Relief, a 3rd party debt agency for about $3.2k. And the Amex Green, after it was charged off, Amex tried to sue me because it was over $10k+. So I told them yes, I'll pay it in full. I had to do a payment plan with their lawyers. I paid it off in 24 months. After it was paid, both CO's stayed on my credit report, it just says paid. But trust me, $5k is nothing compared to me. Pay it off and you're good. They have their own payment plans if you need assistance. 

Chase Freedom Unlimited $1K | Chase Freedom Flex $500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3.3K | Capital One SavorOne $1K | Discover IT $9K | AMEX BCE $1K | Apple Card $1.5K | AMEX ED $1K
Current FICO 8: EQ: 691 TU: 692 EX: 691
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last October and then June, I'm just gonna wait on reapplying till my discover cl gets higher .  The only card I want from them is the bcp or bce 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.