Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Approval

Hey everyone! Longtime lurker (since 2014 I think) but since I find data points very helpful I figured I'd offer my approval information up for everyone.

I went to the Amex preapproval site and was offered the choice of the AMEX BCE (blue cash everday) or AMEX ED (everyday). I chose to apply for the latter (since it gave me a fixed APR) and not a range. I was approved for $10,000 line (although I swore it said $15000 on the site). 

I have a chp13 from 2011 (discharged in 2014) still showing. I have 9 positive trade lines and my average age of accounts is just under 7 (before this application). 

Credit scores are Fico 8 TU 688, FICO 8 EQ 680 and Fico 8 EX 697.

Credit utilization is currently at 36% and my other cards in my wallet are Discover IT (14000) Cap One Venture One (15000) and Cap One QS (6000) and Sync Care Credit (3500).

Thanks for all the community members who have posted in the past. It really makes a difference!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Approval

Congrats!! Waiting for my scores to go up then that will be the next Amex I apply for. I want to build a relationship with my delta gold for a little while.

EQ 648 TU 654 EX 648
Message 2 of 8
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! Longtime lurker (since 2014 I think) but since I find data points very helpful I figured I'd offer my approval information up for everyone.

I went to the Amex preapproval site and was offered the choice of the AMEX BCE (blue cash everday) or AMEX ED (everyday). I chose to apply for the latter (since it gave me a fixed APR) and not a range. I was approved for $10,000 line (although I swore it said $15000 on the site). 

I have a chp13 from 2011 (discharged in 2014) still showing. I have 9 positive trade lines and my average age of accounts is just under 7 (before this application). 

Credit scores are Fico 8 TU 688, FICO 8 EQ 680 and Fico 8 EX 697.

Credit utilization is currently at 36% and my other cards in my wallet are Discover IT (14000) Cap One Venture One (15000) and Cap One QS (6000) and Sync Care Credit (3500).

Thanks for all the community members who have posted in the past. It really makes a difference!

Welcome to the AMEX Family! Soon you will be a Platinum inner-circle member Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval. Im hoping to get in with amex at some point next year

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether $10K or $15K, congratulations on a very nice starting line!
Message 5 of 8
Gramz
Contributor

Congrats, I will try next year for a AMEX card.  I am looking at the Platnium or Hilton or SPG lol, I might just app for all three.

Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the support! I have long wanted an AMEX. I try for one new card per year as part of my rebuild and so far so good. Now I just have to find that 3X CLI guide here on the forums so I don't screw that up (I could never pull off the SCT that everyone else did so easily.)

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S! Enjoy your new card. Charge wisely and have fun.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.