Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Approval

Hey everyone, 

After receiving my third mail offer from AMEX I finally decided to apply. I was instantly approved for the AMEX ED with a okay starting balance of $8000. I read somewhere that I could opt for two on the same day and only receive one hard pull so I went for the new AMEX CM card and was instantly approved for $8000..... Any reason my starting balances was not more?? Anytips for credit increases?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Approval

This is awesome. I too, was approved the other day. One was a EC for $10K, the other was a charge card. I've read if you use it frequently and pay it off completely, they'll recognize that you're utilizing it often and will automatically increase it. 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and very nice SL .. wait for 61 days and you can ask 3x CLI

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, 

After receiving my third mail offer from AMEX I finally decided to apply. I was instantly approved for the AMEX ED with a okay starting balance of $8000. I read somewhere that I could opt for two on the same day and only receive one hard pull so I went for the new AMEX CM card and was instantly approved for $8000..... Any reason my starting balances was not more?? Anytips for credit increases?

Super Congrats on your Amex $8,000 EveryDay and Cash Magnet approvals! Smiley Very Happy

BTW, what you read from others in the forum is the "2 for 1" where you app for a revolver card

and a charge card on the same hard pull. You actually did better because you were approved for

2 revolvers on the same day. Nicely done! Smiley Very Happy And Yes, if you wait 61 days you can

request a 3x CLI. Please keep us posted on your progress. Congrats again! Smiley Very Happy

P.S. Would you mind sharing some data points, please?

Approving FICO score, credit file pulled, AAoA, etc. Thanks!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was instantly approved for the AMEX ED with a okay starting balance of $8000.

If that was the case, I don't see many people applying Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add to what others are saying, you can apply for a 3X CLI after 61 days on of your two accounts.  They allow for one credit limit increase per card member (not per card) per 181 days.

Congrats on your double approval. 

If you wanted, you could eventually move credit limits between cards but normally the card has to be open for 12 months before this is allowed, though there seem to be some data points out there that indicate that there are exceptions to this rule.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the congrats, Scores across the board 740 725 735, AAoA is at 3 years. Im not sure which credit file they pulled from, Ill check tomorrow and keep you all posted.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.