cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Aspire/SPG Lux/Bonvoy and 3100 SL--anyone able to get CLI? UPDATE - CLI Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Aspire/SPG Lux/Bonvoy and 3100 SL--anyone able to get CLI? UPDATE - CLI Approved

Since I am minding my time in the garden and have approximately 10 days until I can ask for my 3x CLI for my Aspire, I was curious about something involving the top-end hotel cards and the minimum SL of those cards. I think upon my approval I got the low-end of the approval spectrum with $3100. Has anyone that has also received that limit been able to make the line grow through CLI requests or otherwise? 

I have been denied once so far for a 3x CLI. Just wanted to know if I am wasting my time trying again in July (when I am able to request again). 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Aspire/SPG Lux/Bonvoy and 3100 SL--anyone able to get CLI?

With the Aspire, I think $3100 was the minimum. Once my score went over 690, I got an auto increase, I then tried the x3 and now over $24,000. I have had card almost a year now. 

Message 2 of 7
DemonHusker
Regular Contributor

I was approved for both the Aspire and Brilliant card in September of 2018 with $3100 SL on both. The first time I tried the CLI I was denied but when I tried again last month on the Brilliant I got the 3X up to $9,000. I technically left a small amount on the table but I like round numbers. My EX was only 689 but had improved since initial approval on both.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for the inputs. Seems we are all right around the same area (just went from 690 to 705 on EXP). I feel a little more confident about asking for the CLI in the next month or so (at least waiting until AMEX refreshes my scores in the app given they refreshed 8 days before my increase and are notoriously slow on refresh).

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems 690 is one of those thresholds. Amex has definitely not updated my score yet (despite increases), but gave me the full 3X CLI. Thanks again for both of your help. 

Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Aspire/SPG Lux/Bonvoy and 3100 SL--anyone able to get CLI? UPDATE - CLI Approved

Congrats From The Garden!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Aspire/SPG Lux/Bonvoy and 3100 SL--anyone able to get CLI? UPDATE - CLI Approved

Was approved for aspire $3100SL back sept 18. 680 EX , haven’t got a CLI yet. Was approved bonvoy brilliant 10k SL feb 19. went for 3x CLI on my BCP which is currently at 10k , was denied. So the waiting begins again. I’ve put on my aspire since I’ve had it around 14k for the 10 months I’ve had the card.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.