Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE Approval

Just applied for the Amex BCE and approved for only 2500. I have a everyday card with a 15,000 limit. I am due for another cli in October. Can I ask for the cli on the bce in October or will the card be too new to do that? I know I can only have 1 increase between the 2 cards every 6 months. How successful are people at getting a cli at activation?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE Approval

Congrats on the BCE. You should be OK in October as you only need 61 days before requesting first CLI. From what I've read and experienced, CLI at activation is a rare bird.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! So if I try and fail, will that push the date back?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just applied for the Amex BCE and approved for only 2500. I have a everyday card with a 15,000 limit. I am due for another cli in October. Can I ask for the cli on the bce in October or will the card be too new to do that? I know I can only have 1 increase between the 2 cards every 6 months. How successful are people at getting a cli at activation?

Congrats OP!! CLI on activation won't work all the time. In case it was declined then you need to wait another 90 days. I would request CLI on 61st day.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you!! So if I try and fail, will that push the date back?

Some try at activation and the denial letter says account too new and then you only have to wait until the 61 days, but some have not been lucky and it oushed the request out another 90 days. Personally, I'd wait the 61 days.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you everyone. 😀
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought amex was part of the 5/24 rule ( only 5 open accounts in 2 yrs)? I keep reading alot of posts regarding amex BCE approvals after an app spree
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought amex was part of the 5/24 rule ( only 5 open accounts in 2 yrs)? I keep reading alot of posts regarding amex BCE approvals after an app spree
I think you're thinking of Chase.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not. I've had over 15 inquiries in the past 6 months, and I was approved for the BCE and ED.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.