Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Approval

tag
fiddycal
New Contributor

Amex BCE Approval

Hi everyone, just started looking around this forum! I've been wanting an Amex, and they sent me a couple preapproved Blue Cash Everyday offers with $250 back and 0% for 15 months, so I decided to go for it. They approved me for $5,100! I'm a grad student, and this is my third credit card (plus an Amazon Store Card). I also have a Discover It and a Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex BCE Approval

Congrats! 🎉
Message 2 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That's a nice starting portfolio of cards you have there. Congrats on the approval.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!!! Great SL too 😃
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

How about some data points?  FICO08?  Who did they pull?  How's your utilization and AAoA?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats OP! That is a really great portfolio of cards. You're in with my three favorite banks already! Discover, Chase, and AMEX are all really great in my opinion. Really good sign-up bonus on that BCE too! A 25% return on minimum spend for a non-AF cash back card is really really good.

Enjoy your new card OP, and welcome to the AMEX family! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
fiddycal
New Contributor

Thanks guys! Really happy with these three cards!

For the data points: FICO TU and EX both 702 provided by Discover and AMEX. I assume they pulled EX, but I haven't seen it for sure yet. My utilization was 47% (high I know), and AAoA was 23 months.

Message 7 of 14
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Great start 👍

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the AMEX Blue Cash on a whim since I just closed on a home. Experian was only 670 with at least 10 inquiries due to the mortgage shopping experience. AAofA was 6 years with zero missed payments. No collections. Utilization about 35%.

They approved me for a $1K limit. I was shocked to be approved honestly so didn't mind the low limit. Something to build on and excited to be part of the AMEX fam! Feels good to be approved on the first try. Chase Freedom said "No thanks, not today", however! Go Figure.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.