Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Approved, Holy **bleep** & Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE Approved, Holy **bleep** & Questions

@DaveInAZ wrote:
I have an Android phone and Android Pay makes you lock your entire phone with a PIN, which I refuse to do - I'm not going to enter a PIN 20 times a day just to check email/text/etc. just for the couple times a week I encounter a terminal with contactless payment.

Does your phone have a fingerprint scanner?  If so, you can use that instead of the PIN to unlock it.  My phone (Nexus 6P) has the fingerprint scanner on the back and unlocking it takes less than than pressing the power on button.

Message 11 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@MrsCHX wrote:

Congrats OP! That's an amazing starting limit!

I opened my BCE 2/20 and it reported 4/15; after my 2nd statement. My Delta Gold, opened 3/3, still isn't reporting.

That's good to know, thanks. I sent my app in this week for Navy Federal membership, That will give me time to app with them before they see the new Amex account. Smiley WinkThen back to the garden for the rest of the year, at a minimum.

Message 12 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:
I have an Android phone and Android Pay makes you lock your entire phone with a PIN, which I refuse to do - I'm not going to enter a PIN 20 times a day just to check email/text/etc. just for the couple times a week I encounter a terminal with contactless payment.

Does your phone have a fingerprint scanner?  If so, you can use that instead of the PIN to unlock it.  My phone (Nexus 6P) has the fingerprint scanner on the back and unlocking it takes less than than pressing the power on button.

No, I've stuck with an LG G2 w/o fingerprint scan that I've been very happy with. I've been tempted by Nexus as they're unlocked and have very reasonable Synchrony deferred interest financing. I'd prefer an LG G6 for the 4k HDR display, I stream video to Chomecast on my 4k HDR TV, but without a carrier contract they're insanely expensive. Talking is the least thing I use my Android phone for, so Tracfone's $20 prepaid every 3 months works for me, I still have my dad's fiscal conservatism.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

No, I've stuck with an LG G2 w/o fingerprint scan that I've been very happy with. I've been tempted by Nexus as they're unlocked. I'd prefer an LG G6, I've always had good luck with LG phones, but without a carrier contract they're insanely expensive. Talking is the least thing I use my Android phone for, so Tracfone's $20 prepaid every 3 months works for me, I still have my dad's fiscal conservatism.

I hear you there.  I'm currently on Google Fi with the least data (use WiFi 99% of the time) and earned enough affiliate rebates to cover my bill for 9 months or something.  I figure in 2017 my bill will be around $90 for the year.

Had a flip phone a few years ago just for kicks -- some $60 a year plan with no data and I loved it.  I might consider dumping my mobile plan entirely after my Google Fi goes back to having being paid.  My Nexus 6P with WiFi access would probably work for most of my awake time, and it would be 100% free.  Google Voice means free calls (on WiFi).

I have financially poor friends paying $1400 a year on average in cell phone costs.  $14,000 over 10 years, lol.  Madness.

Message 14 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

What carrier does Goggle Fi use? I'm in a rural area where Verizon is best, AT&T good, and Sprint lousy.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fi is an MVNO that uses Sprint, T-Moble, US Cellular and Three's (international) networks -- depending on what signal is best.  

Downside is Fi only works with certain Google devices so it isn't open ended for any device (yet).  

One nice feature of Fi is that is auto-connects to a lot of "public" WiFi networks without any fuss.  Near my home I have probably 1000 WiFi hotspots that it picks up and it's really smooth to the point that I don't even notice.  A few weeks ago I was in airplane mode by accident but had WiFi turned on and I didn't even realize I was in airplane mode while I was out and about.

It's not a great solution for everyone, but I live in a populous area so it has excellent coverage.

Message 16 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Well FI probably won't work for me, but you have me seriously thinking of uprading to a Nexus 6p - use my new BCE & meet most of the spend needed for the bonus, and 15 month 0% APR to pay it off. Tracfone has BYODevice.
Message 17 of 18
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the AMEX family!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.