cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE, Citi Double Cash - Data Points

NothingNew
Contributor

Amex BCE, Citi Double Cash - Data Points

I closed on my house today and wanted a 0% intro APR card for the purchase of new fencing. It's my one "splurge" item for the house that I was willing to finance, as the rest of the renovations I had cash set aside for. I had a pre-approval for the BCE with 15 months 0% APR intro rate and $250 SUB. Instant approval for $8K which is my highest non-store credit card limit (next highest is Disco at $2.7K but only reporting as $2K as the CLI was recent). I also have a retail card (CareCredit) with a $12K limit, but I'm not sure if they take that into account for SL matching/chasing. This is my first Amex.

They pulled EXP at I believe 712 FICO 8. $42K income. Current utilization at 6% of $19K in lines. 

I also apped the Citi  DC. It doesn't have a SUB or 0% APR period, but it was a card I wanted soon for general cash back spend and I figured I should get in on it before the mortgage and other new card report. Instant approval for $2K and it also pulled EXP. This is my first card with Citi

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditContractor
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE, Citi Double Cash - Date Points

Congrats!  Don't buy a vinyl fence!  They don't last long.  If you have a hail storm you may have to replace every single piece because the hail will knock holes in the vinyl.

Message 2 of 12
JAG73

Congrats in the house and both approvals! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 3 of 12
NothingNew
Contributor

@CreditContractor wrote:

Congrats!  Don't buy a vinyl fence!  They don't last long.  If you have a hail storm you may have to replace every single piece because the hail will knock holes in the vinyl.

I actually live in Florida, so there is little fear of a hail storm! Hah. A high quality vinyl fence here will easily outlast a wood fence, even with the sun and potential hurricanes. But I do appreciate you looking out! 

Message 4 of 12
VoltronM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on both approval and nice SL's !!!!!

also congrats on your new house

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 5 of 12
MartyWrite75
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE, Citi Double Cash - Data Points

Congratulations on your approvals!  Nice!

April 2021: Experian 710 Equifax 701 Transunion 707

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS1: $2,600 || Discover It: $3,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $1,000 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $5,000 || Overstock Store Card: $6,050 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $2,000

Wishlist Cards:
Citi Double Cash || Paypal Mastercard || Cap One Savor

Gardening from 03/18/2021 to 04/18/2023 (ideally)
Total Utilization: 13%
Message 6 of 12
Steve891
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amex BCE and Citi DC approvals! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 8 of 12
pinkandgrey
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the great approval and more importantly your new home! That’s awesome, so exciting! I’m excited for you lol

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex ED: 18k
Citi DC: 7.7k
Fidelity Visa: 2k
Apple Card: 1.5k
Message 9 of 12
clark_d_shark
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the new house and both of your CC approvals!

Fico Scores as of March 2020 TU (739) EX (748) EQ (776)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.