Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE & PRG Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE & PRG Approval

So for the first time ever in my life I was pre-approved for an AMEX card. I went to their site and filled out the form to see if I was pre-approved and I was for the BCE at 17.49% with the $150 spend bonus and 15months 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers. So I went ahead and applied and was approved for $1400. Not a great CL but I'll take it! Smiley Happy 

After reading that if you're already a card member, if you apply for another card, it is a soft pull for a denial and a hard pull for a approval and sometimes 1 pull for both a revolver and a charge card. So I applied for the PRG and was approved on 1 hard pull!!! Smiley Very Happy 

I am so pumped to be in with AMEX!!! The only other bank I want to be in with is Chase but that one will take a while since I am way over 5/24 lol

Question: Is it possible to recon a CL with AMEX upon approval or do I have to wait for the 61 day 3x CLI?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex BCE & PRG Approval

Congrats on your approval!!

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job and congrats.  Enjoy them.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably no on cli for at least 2 months. Amex likes good use and big payments for a certain period of time before giving increases. Especially when approval just sqeaked by.
I'd wait 2 to 3 months with use then try then 61 days after if not approved. 6 months if approved.
Message 4 of 10
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! I look forward to getting my scores high enough to be able to get the BCE. Good job.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 6 of 10
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Excellent...treat them well and the increases will happen down the road!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year I was approved for the ED card with a 3k SL and upon recieving the card I requested a 2x CLI because I was afraid to ask for 3X, anyway I was approved for the 6k upon activation of the card then 181 days later it was brought to 12k.  It is worth a shot to ask for the CLI on activation.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!!!

@workingfor850 I was reading quite a few different threads with people doing just that and getting good results. I'll report back with what happens with data points.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Way to go!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.