Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE approval with credit steps counter offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE approval with credit steps counter offer

So the hubs finally got prequalified popup via amex prequal page for an Amex Green charge today, app'd and instant approval.  So he decided to try his luck with the BCE card. Here is where it got interesting...

He got a counter offer message.  They removed the 0pct APR and sign on bonus with a $500SL plus some kind of credit Steps program.

Here are the terms, he got them via email immediately:

1.  Use card, must carry a balance at statement close

2. Pay at least the minimum payment on time 

After 5th statement he should receive CLI (undisclosed amount) unless he receives one before.  

He he took it because he wants back in with Amex after burning them IIB which was just DC 3 months ago.  Fico8 EX was 643

Off to the garden he goes 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Davis9508
Contributor

Re: Amex BCE approval with credit steps counter offer

@Anonymous wrote:

So the hubs finally got prequalified popup via amex prequal page for an Amex Green charge today, app'd and instant approval.  So he decided to try his luck with the BCE card. Here is where it got interesting...

He got a counter offer message.  They removed the 0pct APR and sign on bonus with a $500SL plus some kind of credit Steps program.

After 5th statement he should receive CLI (undisclosed amount) unless he receives one before.  

He he took it because he wants back in with Amex after burning them IIB which was just DC 3 months ago.  Fico8 EX was 643

I got the same offer. Just waiting on the card to get here Smiley Happy I was waiting to see if anyone else had gotten an email like this. Congtats to him!

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When did he file BK and what chapter?

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

We filed ch 7 in July of 2011 then converted to 13 in Feb of 2012.  EX and EQ show the correct discharged chapter 13 in March 2017, but still show the file date of 7/11.  

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We filed ch 7 in July of 2011 then converted to 13 in Feb of 2012.  EX and EQ show the correct discharged chapter 13 in March 2017, but still show the file date of 7/11.  

Thanks. Since creditors go by filed date, that that would make his BK about 6 years old.

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

And apparently I'm blacklisted.  He tried to add me as AU but it got denied.  So, stepped out of the garden for curiosities sake and app'd for BCE.  Instant denial....am curious to see if they'll pull my credit.  

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was given the same offer. I accepted just to be able to get in the AMEX family and start building a relationship with them.

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am happy for you guys !
BCE is a very nice card to have.

I will be going for one on Monday myself.
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great data points!  Thanks for sharing and congrats to getting back in with Amex.  Definitely follow up with what happens.

Curious that they specifically told him to report a statement balance versus PIF before statement.

Message 9 of 34
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Mom got the same email. It specifically says you must have a balance due each month. However, my mom got a 2x CLI at about 67 days. So I don't know if the 'steps' will still apply for her.
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.