cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE approve chance? (**Updated - Approved!**)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE approve chance? (**Updated - Approved!**)

Hi All! (edited)

Sorry about too many edits!!

After reviewed few forums and seeing the approval rates are a lot more favorable towards to 700 clubbers Smiley Happy I decided not to apply.

However, with my thin credit history, I had to gain more cc to overcome baddies that I have.  Many suggested to go with BofA secured and I was so close applying (BofA does report the cc as secured, however after you graduate with good standing status after a year, card graduates and deposit returns, also start to report as regular credit cards - Via Chat with BofA.)

After realizing that Amex reviews Experian (not all baddies were reported here lol), I manned up and just applied (1 HP right? could be 3 HP lol).

I was approved...... I could not believe it!

Applied BCE > got 14 day review message> check app status right away > approved, card on its way (did not expedite lol) -- did not get email.

And I got to another forum that applying Amex on the same day will only result to 1 HP (if denied, could be... can't imagine but up to 6 across all CRAs - if applied twice).

So, Amex PRG caught my attention (always worried about using debit cards and with moderate use and paying before statement hits - make sure to PIF before your balance reports to CRAs, if did...DTI will suffer, because your credit limit (amex calls it pre-set limit? will never be reported as your CL), I will update you all on this one.......  I decided to roll the dice again.

Instant approval with expedited delivery.... could not believe it, seriously!!!

I am definitely going to garden, but if I am greedy... I am happy with this, but since I have 2 cc including BCE, should I apply one more cc to make it 3?

Also I kind of want to find my EX FICO by calling Amex, when I call to see what my CL on BCE.. will it trigger them to FR? I should not - have them away from reviewing my report!

Awesome day. Thank you in advance for your words and wisdom!!

(making the hamsters run overtime here! Smiley Happy  --Rev)

Thanks Rev!! I appreciate it but I don't know how to make hamsters run Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy (It's running here Smiley Happy!)

**update** I was approved w/ $2000 CLI.  I was ecstatic :smileyhappy:!!!!!! Hopefully with my low util (plan to keep 1% all around) and ask for CLI after 61 days (hopefully I get 3x increase!)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex BCE approve chance? (**Updated - Approved!**)

Congrats!
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 2 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Great, Congrats on the approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 8
jagshere
Regular Contributor

+1

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 4 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

first, Congrats!!!!

love my BCE!

second, don't worry about triggering a FR just for asking your cl!! Lol how will you know if you don't ask??? While the FR is a serious concern, don't let that deter you from using the card as you normally would... And Customer Service is there for a reason! :-)

good luck!:-)

oh.. And try to pif!!! Lol 

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! That is a nice line up! I think you'll find the PRG to be quite usable and flexible for you needs!

Great choices and congrats!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 8
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

congrats!

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate your welcome messages and encouragements!

I am so excited to be welcomed to AMEX family and will take advantage of those rewards definitely Smiley Happy!

Thank you all!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.