Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE approved!! First post!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE approved!! First post!

Hello everyone!! First of all thanks to all of you for posting and sharing information!! This forum is great and very helpful!

Got approved for the AMEX BCE on last monday, SL : 4000. Here are my data points:

Experian score via Discover free fico: 767 (its a true fico right?)

Transunion Fico from my BOA mobil app: 759

Equifax idk but it should be the same as BOA because they both have the same inquiries (would that be correct?)

Utilization 1%

AAoA: 9 months via CK (i know their scores are not reliable, but their AAoA is? matches the same as wallethub)

Oldest account: 1 year 5 months is BOA cashrewards 321 opened August 2016. SL 1000, never CLI

Then CO quicksilver is 7 months old from may 2017 ( started as a platinum) SL was: 3000. then CLI by me to 3300, then credit steps to currently 3800.

Alliant SSL: 2 months old. opened oct 23. (it raised my scores around 17 - 20 points)

Inquiries:

Ex: 1  (7 months old)

EQ: 2  (7 mo old and the other 1y5m old)

TU: 2  (7 mo old and the other 1y5m old)

Im NY based.

Income 26000

No baddies

Still no HP alert on CK nor wallethub. First saw a message saying that the card would arrive in 3 - 5 business days, tthen i got an email today saying it will take 7 - 10 business days. 

APR: 17.XX %. SUB is 200 back after 1000. 

Ive been receiving letters and was prequal on their web page for this and the ED since last year, but since I did the SSL with alliant i wanted to wait till the scores and AAoA increased a little. Im also prequalified for the Discover it at apr of 19.99 % but it doesnt match my spendings.

Monday morning went to amex page and the offer was 150 so i did the prequal and the offer was still 150 and a set APR of 18.XX.

later in the afternoon went to the web page browsed the cards again and saw the 200 back after 1000 spent and "if u leave this page u might not get this offer". opened a tab in incognito and the prequal was still 150 SUB (i thought it would be also 200 back)

I appd not using the prequal page because the SUB was less (every dollar counts for me lol) and noticed the APR was one point different (the APR i got is 17.xx% after the promotional 0%) just wanted to share this experience. If i can help at least one forum reader then im glad i posted this.

Though US born, i lived all my life in South America, (hence sorry for any writing errors) came here JAN 16 so literally no Credit history of any kind.

My only question, for the 3x CLI, before hitting the button at 61 days,  do i have to leave a balance on the BCE statement to report and then pay it? or should i pay my amex balance to 0 before the statement reports? Is there a difference?

( i read the 3x cli thread but didnt find an answer, or maybe i missed it Smiley Very Happy )

Sorry if my post is a little disorganized

Thanks to all

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE approved!! First post!

Congrats. Nice SL

Message 2 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

HI Friedegg, and welcome to the forums! Glad you decided to post!

Those are some great data points, and thank you for posting them! Congrats to you on the approval!!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Thanks for the data points and welcome to the boards.
Message 4 of 11
mysterythemoon
Regular Contributor

To get the 3X the most important thing is to show them you can handle credit. Keep your util low across the board. You're free to let the statement post with a balance or just PIF a few days before the statement rips. My preference would be for you to pay amost all of what you owe a few days before and then let a small amount show as a statement balance. This is just good advice overall (search the board for AZEO if you're not familiar). I think so long as you don't run up 4k at once and let it post as your statement balance, you'll be a shoe in for 12k in 61 days. Congrats, you're setting the foundation for a fantastic credit profile. 

Started on July 4th, 2016 with 400's FAKO scores, no FICO, a dozen baddies and no credit of any kind.

As of March 2018, Before The Fall:
AmEx Blue Cash Everyday: $12,600
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000
Bank Of America BankAmericard: $6,000
Capital One Quicksilver One: $5,500
Citi Diamond Preferred: $5,400
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $5,100
NFCU Go Rewards MasterCard World: $5,000
Wells Fargo Propel: $3,500
Barclay's Uber Visa: $2,500
AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest: $2,000
Citi Double Cash: $1,500
AmEx Hilton Honors: $1,000
Discover It: $600
Capital One Platinum: $500

TOTAL 2018 CREDIT LINE: $61,200

JUNE 2023 UPDATE
2020: COVID toppled me. All old accounts went into default. Business lost. Car repossessed.
2021: Cap1 let me back in (one secured/two not). Secured Mission Lane. AU on AMEX Gold, Citi Premier and Chase Sapphire. Car loan approved without cosigner for $20,000. All current.
Currently: No lawsuits. Thinking most SOL have expired on CC debt. Fingers crossed my math and memory are correct.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Mission Lane Secured: $3,400 (SL $400 -- unasked for CLI)
Capital One Secured: $300
Capital One QS1: $300
Capital One Savor: $1,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000 (AU)
AMEX Gold: No Preset Limit (AU)
Citi Premier: $8,500 (AU)

SPRING 2026
ALL BADDIES DROP
Message 5 of 11
mysterythemoon
Regular Contributor

On a side note, I'd grab the Discover It and not look back. It's 5% on certain categories throughout the year (currently it's gas). And in the first year they'll match the total amount you earn in bonus money, making the first year savings on qualified items 10% (where I live gas is 3.00 a gallon So 30 cents off is pretty huge). You just won't beat that on a card with no AF. Not even close. 

Started on July 4th, 2016 with 400's FAKO scores, no FICO, a dozen baddies and no credit of any kind.

As of March 2018, Before The Fall:
AmEx Blue Cash Everyday: $12,600
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000
Bank Of America BankAmericard: $6,000
Capital One Quicksilver One: $5,500
Citi Diamond Preferred: $5,400
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $5,100
NFCU Go Rewards MasterCard World: $5,000
Wells Fargo Propel: $3,500
Barclay's Uber Visa: $2,500
AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest: $2,000
Citi Double Cash: $1,500
AmEx Hilton Honors: $1,000
Discover It: $600
Capital One Platinum: $500

TOTAL 2018 CREDIT LINE: $61,200

JUNE 2023 UPDATE
2020: COVID toppled me. All old accounts went into default. Business lost. Car repossessed.
2021: Cap1 let me back in (one secured/two not). Secured Mission Lane. AU on AMEX Gold, Citi Premier and Chase Sapphire. Car loan approved without cosigner for $20,000. All current.
Currently: No lawsuits. Thinking most SOL have expired on CC debt. Fingers crossed my math and memory are correct.

CURRENT SITUATION:
Mission Lane Secured: $3,400 (SL $400 -- unasked for CLI)
Capital One Secured: $300
Capital One QS1: $300
Capital One Savor: $1,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,000 (AU)
AMEX Gold: No Preset Limit (AU)
Citi Premier: $8,500 (AU)

SPRING 2026
ALL BADDIES DROP
Message 6 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 7 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nicely done. Looks like you know what you want , are willing to wait for it, and that means a well cared for profile. Lol, your post has so much data points, it puts most of us to shame Smiley Wink Ps, never would have guessed from SA, well writtenSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome to the AmEx Family!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.