Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE approved on modified terms

tag
Alleycat2003
Valued Member

Amex BCE approved on modified terms

Hi All,

Here's something interesting. I apped last night for the BCE and initially it was denied, however the denial letter stated they could not offer me the into apr, or welcome bonus. However they could offer me the BCE with a $500 credit limit and everything else would be the same. They said if I was interested to contact them at a phone number. I called this morning and spoke to a rep and he said about 60 days ago they. (Amex) started a new program to let people in on certain modified terms. I was like "yes, I'll accept the card on modified terms" and so I was approved!! I'm now in with Amex.. Never been with them before!! So excited!!
Current scores: 611 EQ/ 629 TU/ 631 EXP
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE approved on modified terms

Congrats! 

Thx for sharing that great info! 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alleycat2003 wrote:
Hi All,

Here's something interesting. I apped last night for the BCE and initially it was denied, however the denial letter stated they could not offer me the into apr, or welcome bonus. However they could offer me the BCE with a $500 credit limit and everything else would be the same. They said if I was interested to contact them at a phone number. I called this morning and spoke to a rep and he said about 60 days ago they. (Amex) started a new program to let people in on certain modified terms. I was like "yes, I'll accept the card on modified terms" and so I was approved!! I'm now in with Amex.. Never been with them before!! So excited!!

Congratulations! I have exact same thing happened to me! However it was all on their website, the pop up window showed up and said that I have modified offer. I accepted it... I had the same EX as yours... if you get your EX to 650 try to apply for BCP and you'll get it too with $5,000 CL Smiley Happy I mean maybe, but that's what happened to me. So now I have BCE with $500 SL and $5000 with BCP. 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover did that for me. prequaled me for the usual offer and countered with regular apr etc. i took it. not going to waste a hard inquiry lol. i treat my credit card like debit cards anyway. charge and pay in full each month.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmmm.. now that is interesting. I've never seen that before. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats pretty awesome - Congratulations ! 

PS

I dont see the prequal on Amex site anymore... 

Does anyone know where it is located now... 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to google it.....no offers. Which is good bc I'm in the garden lol😂

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alleycat2003 wrote:
Hi All,

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats 

Message 9 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Alleycat2003 wrote:
Hi All,

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.