Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE for $2k

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex BCE for $2k

@Mdowning30 wrote:

@SouthJamaica Im assuming thats good debt that you have been able to leverage and manage ? 

No debt is good debt.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 31 of 38
SuperFlyEDSguy
Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

Im surprised at your SL... 

I'm not surprised in the least. I am easily doing $4K and $5K SLs, and was even approved for the AMEX Gold Card. I figured I'd try for the BCP the very same day as it's a credit product as opposed to a charge product — I was instantly denied. A month later I apply for the AMEX Delta SkyMiles Gold and was instantly approved, albeit at just $1K! I was still happy to get a first-party AMEX credit card and thought I would be able to get the 3x CLI in 90 to 100 days under the new CLI rules. Flash forward almost 100-days and I'm finally allowed to request my CLI, however it was denied because of my 5.5 year old BK7! It turns out that they'll approve you for a card with an older BK7, however you won't get a manual CLI until being 6-years out according to most people who've tried and done it. What I find even more bizarre — as if it could be — is that my Gold Card Spending Power is sometimes returning up to $19K depending on how generous their algorithm feels that particular day! 😂

I'm elated to finally be a member, however...

All I could say is that AMEX is awesome, but a very weird company!

My Current Credit Bio

Open Accounts: AMEX Gold Card: NPSL • NFCU Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card: $20K • NFCU More Rewards AMEX: $19K • Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Card: $15K (New!) • PayPal Cashback World Mastercard: $15K • NFCU Platinum Visa: $15K • U.S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card: $10K (New!) • Amazon Prime Store Card (Synchrony Bank): $10K • Discover it Miles: $9.5K • Bread 2% Cashback AMEX: $8,150 • Discover it Cash Back: $6.5K • Target Mastercard (AU): $6.5K • Dell Pay Credit: $5.5K • Truist Bank Future Visa Card: $5K • My GM Rewards Mastercard: $4.5K (New!) • AAA Visa Signature (Daily Advantage) Card: $4.2K • PayPal Credit (Synchrony Bank): $3,750 • AMEX Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card: $3.4K (Recent CLI from $1.7K!) • Kohl’s Card: $3K • Merrick Bank Double Your Line MasterCard: $2.5K • Walmart Rewards MasterCard: $2.1K • GS Apple Card: $1,750 • AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (BCP): $1K • AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (BCE): $1K
Closed Accounts: Target RedCard * (Please sir, may I have some more? NO!) • Mercury Mastercard * (APR hit 34.24%! Ouch!) • AMEX Delta SkyMiles Blue Card * (Don't need this AND the Platinum version) • Tomo Visa Signature Card (Low SL/CL, High APR!) • Ollo Platinum MasterCard (Subprime, Low SL/CL, 28.49% APR) • Upgrade Card (Low SL/CL, APR was 29.99%!) • Aspire MasterCard (Subprime, Account closed due to inactivity!) • Various Capital One Cards * (Platinum, QuicksilverOne, Quicksilver, & SavorOne) (Buckets!!!)
Wish List: * USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card • Synchrony Verizon Visa Card • M1 Plus Owner's Rewards Card • AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (BCP)NFCU Visa Signature Flagship RewardsDiscover it Miles Card
Current Credit Scores: *
FICO 8 EX: 705FICO 8 TU: 700FICO 8 EQ: 708
FICO BankCard 8 EX: 710FICO 9 EQ: 759
Vantage 3 TU: 709Vantage 3 EQ: 719Vantage 4: 734
FICO 9 last updated on 4/3, Vantage 4 on 4/2.
Current Select Stats:
• Current Scores Range: 700 to 759. *
• Next Goal: 750+ “All Around.”
• Paid On-Time: 100%! *
• Utilization: ~4%! *
• Total Credit Limit: $165,850! *
• Permanently Disabled: December, 2020.
• Started Rebuilding: August, 2020 (~3½ Years!).
• BK7 Filed: February, 2017 (Discharged).

“I can’t…” are likely the two most overused words in our vocabulary!
* Last Updated: 4/6/2024, unless otherwise noted.

Message 32 of 38
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your BCE approval!! 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $205, 500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 20.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 33 of 38
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Update 10/17/22.  I was wondering if I was going to get the $200 SUB, since I've had an earlier version of the card in the past. When I read the fine print I didn't see any of the "lifetime" disclaimers. So I thought I was good to go.  Then one day I looked the card up on the Amex site and saw that it did have lifetime language.  So I really didn't know what would happen.  Now I know: today, a day after I met the spend requirement, I got the SUB.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 34 of 38
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Update 10/17/22.  I was wondering if I was going to get the $200 SUB, since I've had an earlier version of the card in the past. When I read the fine print I didn't see any of the "lifetime" disclaimers. So I thought I was good to go.  Then one day I looked the card up on the Amex site and saw that it did have lifetime language.  So I really didn't know what would happen.  Now I know: today, a day after I met the spend requirement, I got the SUB.

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 35 of 38
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex BCE approval and SUB🎉🎉🎉

Message 36 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Edited; for congratulating wrong post.

I guess I need sleepSmiley Sad

Message 37 of 38
FicoComeback2018
Established Member

Awesome Amex approval!!!

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.