Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE

tag
Oops_I_Did_It_Again
Regular Contributor

Amex BCE

Applied 5/21

"Cards for You" offers had me pre-qualified for the BCE. 

good

• second card with Amex and they did not do a hard pull.  Used softpull of EX 4/25  score 747.  Nice!
  • instant approval!  Not many banks offer them these days. SO much less anxiety.

bad

• SL: $3,100

ugly

• Got the dreaded pop-up denial of 150.00 bonus which was surprising.  I initially canceled continuation of the offer.  I have no idea, even after talking to 4 CSRs  why I got the booby prize no-bonus version of offer. CSRs all echoed the same line, they have no access to reasons for SUB denial flag.   Anyway, 'that's life', sometimes you have to bend over and take it, which in this case I decided to do, completing the application for the BCE.  I do appreciate the soft-pull with instant decision.

This wasn't one that left me jumping for joy, but at least it's an approval.

Credit Profile (FEB 2024)
F8 EX 767 EQ 770, TU 773, F8 BC EX 784, EQ BC 789, F9 EX 777
TCL: $124,200, reporting available: $120,995
cc utilization: 3%, auto loan: $5,456/$6850
AoOA 5Y 9M, AAoA 3Y 3M, AoYA 7M
new cc accounts 3/24, 2/12, 0/6, 0/3, INQs 12 months EX 2, EQ 1, TU 1

Personal Cards (15)
Chase/Amazon Prime Visa, Freedom Unlimited, Bank of America CCR, American Express BCP+CM, GS Apple Card (MC)
PenFed PC Rewards, Citibank DoubleCash, Discover IT + BT, Regions Cash Rewards, Wells Fargo AC, CapOne QS, Synchrony PPMC +
Closed (1): Synchony Amazon Prime

Business Cards (1)
American Express BBC
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE

Congratulations!!! A win is a win, and approval beats a denial, good, bad and Ugly! 

Message 2 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 19
Penjamin_Fedington
Valued Member

Have you sock-drawered your cash magnet in the past few months?  If so, that may be why.

Message 4 of 19
SarahJo
Established Contributor

It's a win! 🤗 Maybe in the future, and if it fits your spending patterns, you'll receive an upgrade benefit offer for the BCP?  That's the path my BCE took.  With time, CLI's, then upgrade it has truly grown. 

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 5 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 6 of 19
Oops_I_Did_It_Again
Regular Contributor

@Penjamin_Fedington wrote:

Have you sock-drawered your cash magnet in the past few months?  If so, that may be why.

Not completely but my spending on CM has not been impressive, just checked my summaries, 2,721‬ total over 10 months, so 272.10 per month.

Your suggestion seems the best explanation ...  I had came across some posted DPs, Amex cardmembers saying they put ~1,000+ per month on their existing card and found the pop-up going away for them. 

Credit Profile (FEB 2024)
F8 EX 767 EQ 770, TU 773, F8 BC EX 784, EQ BC 789, F9 EX 777
TCL: $124,200, reporting available: $120,995
cc utilization: 3%, auto loan: $5,456/$6850
AoOA 5Y 9M, AAoA 3Y 3M, AoYA 7M
new cc accounts 3/24, 2/12, 0/6, 0/3, INQs 12 months EX 2, EQ 1, TU 1

Personal Cards (15)
Chase/Amazon Prime Visa, Freedom Unlimited, Bank of America CCR, American Express BCP+CM, GS Apple Card (MC)
PenFed PC Rewards, Citibank DoubleCash, Discover IT + BT, Regions Cash Rewards, Wells Fargo AC, CapOne QS, Synchrony PPMC +
Closed (1): Synchony Amazon Prime

Business Cards (1)
American Express BBC
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex BCE approval!

Message 8 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new BCE card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 19
PlatoPuss
Established Member

Congrats on the preapproval! First I'm hearing about the SUB block and I'm sorry to hear that. Instant approval does seem to lessen the blow though! Congrats again!

Current Cards:

Goal Cards

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.