Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP 3x CLI

tag
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

Amex BCP 3x CLI

Submitted a 3x CLI request ($15k -> $45k) on Saturday 4/2 once I hit the 61 day mark on my new BCP account.  I knew that asking for a CL over $30k might trigger a financial review, but after @Aim_High got an instant approval on his recent 3x CLI request to $45k, I figured I'd roll the dice.  Alas, my request triggered the FR.  I opted for the one-time bank account link as opposed to submitting 2 months of bank statements, hoping it would lead to an instant decision, but instead got the dreaded 7-10 day message.  After two weeks, I was resigned to the fact that my CLI request was likely denied.  Lo and behold, I got a surprise email this afternoon:

92AA349B-58CE-4F52-90E1-CDA973ABF23C.jpeg

A Happy Easter indeed! Smiley Happy

TCL: $401.4k
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex BCP 3x CLI

That's a near epic realm Amex credit line. Congratulations!

Message 2 of 19
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex CLI!!

Message 3 of 19
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Congrats on that awesome 3X CLI to $45K, @DJRobbieDSmiley Very Happy 

Glad my experience gave you the confidence to press for the 3X, even if they did put you through that FR!  It all worked out in the end.  

You_Da_Man.jpg

In both of our cases, I wonder how generous AMEX will be at the six-month review or later, since our limits climbed so high, so fast!  But I think it may have helped us both that we didn't have other AMEX revolving limits affecting our total CL with AMEX.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 4 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your long awaited AMEX Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 5 of 19
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your amazing limit increase! Thank you for sharing this!

Message 6 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex 3X CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 19
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Congratulations. Btw if you get a CLI on one amex card does that mean u cannot get cli on other amex cards you have for next 61 days? Because that's what happening to me. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 8 of 19
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Congrats on the awesome increase!

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 9 of 19
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

@DJRobbieD wrote:

Submitted a 3x CLI request ($15k -> $45k) on Saturday 4/2 once I hit the 61 day mark on my new BCP account.  I knew that asking for a CL over $30k might trigger a financial review, but after @Aim_High got an instant approval on his recent 3x CLI request to $45k, I figured I'd roll the dice.  Alas, my request triggered the FR.  I opted for the one-time bank account link as opposed to submitting 2 months of bank statements, hoping it would lead to an instant decision, but instead got the dreaded 7-10 day message.  After two weeks, I was resigned to the fact that my CLI request was likely denied.  Lo and behold, I got a surprise email this afternoon:

92AA349B-58CE-4F52-90E1-CDA973ABF23C.jpeg

A Happy Easter indeed! Smiley Happy

Congrats on the 3X CLI... I'm on the same boat. I applied at 61 day mark and they asked for one time access or 3 months statement pdf.. I too gave onetime access to my account. Its more than 10 days and still pending. Not sure if they want to validate the income thru that because I DD to 5 different account

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.