cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP Approval ! Happy. Happy! :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP Approval ! Happy. Happy! :)

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Viva-LV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Major Congrats!!! That's an Awesome SCL big time!!!Smiley Happy

Thank you! Smiley Happy  Yeah, I was surprise with the SCL, but I'll take it! LOL! It allows me to charge up to what I can pay off in a month AND keep my UTIL down.  Smiley Very Happy

Great SL!  I keep reading about small sl's, so its great to see some nice limits.  I use my BCP the most of my Am Ex cards, enjoy!!

Yeah, and you can see from my stats, I don't have a squeaky clean CR, so there is hope for those who may be considering app'ing for it, but don't have a clean CR. Smiley Wink

Indeed but you have a great EX score so that helps that AMEX approval. BTW, I'm going to assume by your sig, you'd rather have your goal EX score higher than your current score. Smiley Wink

Good point. Smiley Wink  I was concerned about the 3 lates though and the short current credit.  

Haha on the goal score.  Yeah, not REALLY trying to lower that score!  LOL!!  Having said that, I left the original goal that I set for end of year "as is" on purpose - that way, I can see which year end goals I met and which ones I didn't.  Don't worry, the goals will get modified come first of the year.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! Fantastic approvals - you had a great day yesterday!  Congrats on the awesome SL - a lot to have fun with. Enjoy all of your successes! Very happy for you - Smiley Happy

Thank you. Smiley Happy  Yeah, I sure did. Smiley Wink   

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

wow....oldest cc 21. Rite at drinking age LOL

really GD...SL

Smiley Happy<_____!!!!NOIIICE!!!!_____> Smiley Very Happy

Thank you!..^^^^Nice!  I want to say your version of it...but we'll leave that for you to do. Smiley Wink Btw, don't know why, but when I see your version of *nice* in posts, it always makes me smile. Smiley Happy

21...IKR! Smiley Happy ... but that is oldest account, not CC account.  I only wish it was a CC account...maybe I wouldn't be rebuilding!  

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! Yu're starting SL is great. I just got the BCP a few days ago and  they only gave me 5 grand and my CR Is squeeky clean, um....now lol. I think Amex looks at more than your Fico, I also think they want to be your go to card.  Amex was one of the cards I defaulted on in the past so I was just happy to get the darn thing. For the data point, My EX was well over 800 but I applied for the CSR the day before.

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats OP! Yu're starting SL is great. I just got the BCP a few days ago and  they only gave me 5 grand and my CR Is squeeky clean, um....now lol. I think Amex looks at more than your Fico, I also think they want to be your go to card.  Amex was one of the cards I defaulted on in the past so I was just happy to get the darn thing. For the data point, My EX was well over 800 but I applied for the CSR the day before.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

I'm sure you're right in that they look at more than the fico score. The big difference I see (other than those things you've already pointed out) is that I only have 1 open CC and 1 SC.  Also my util was at 0% (a mistake on my part as I meant it to be <1%, not zero), so you may be onto something there as far as Amex wanting to be the go to card. Maybe they saw my util at 0% and that I only used my CC (SC had not reported yet).... and thought...hmmmm... this person has util % to 0, maybe they're looking for a replacement? Hey, let's make sure that it's us!  LOL!  

Yeah, comparing our CR info, I really don't get it either. Seems our SCL should have been reversed! Smiley IndifferentBut I would have been very happy with a 5k SCL! It seems you can get CLI fairly easily from them what I've read if you follow the suggestions here on myFico.  Check them out if you haven't already.  With your scores and all, why not? Smiley Happy

I don't plan on asking for CLIs anytime soon. Don't wanna push my luck and have them take a second look at my CR. Smiley Wink LOL!  Besides, the one they gave me already scares the ba-jeebbies out of me! Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 31
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats ... looks you are on a roll Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  BCP is a great card it gets major workout in my house.

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

Thank you!  Smiley Happy

I hope the roll continues.  The other cards I applied for that I thought would be easier to get are still in review. Go figure.

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  BCP is a great card it gets major workout in my house.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

I'm fully expecting it will get very good usage. Smiley Wink  

Message 29 of 31
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Thank you!  Smiley Happy

I hope the roll continues.  The other cards I applied for that I thought would be easier to get are still in review. Go figure.

oh....even more? What else do you have in the bushes ?   Good luck Smiley Happy 

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.