Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP Auto-CLI #2

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Amex BCP Auto-CLI #2

Hello everyone!

This one was quite unexpected... another auto-CLI on my BCP! 

They increased the CL from $3k to $7.5k.  It's not quite 3x, but I'll take it!  Smiley Very Happy

For those who are interested here's the history:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Amex-3x-Auto-CLI-Finally/td-p/4798993

I've not been doing anything different with the card - activity is usually $400 or so each month - and my CLI requests still continue to be declined due to including a Green card in BK7 17 years ago.

I did get an Everyday card back in January with a $8k credit line; since it's seldom used I actually intended to move some of that over to the BCP, but I just never got around to it.  Now I'm glad I didn't.  Smiley Happy

The only other thing that's possibly notable is that in July I took out an installment loan with them (which finally reported just last week); to minimize interest I've paid it all back other than $1300, which was the plan.  I don't know if the recent large payments on the loan made a difference or not.

In any case I'm a happy camper.  It's nice to know that even though I don't get to participate in the 3X CLIs they still make sure I'm taken care of.  The card has gone from $1k to $7.5k in just over 2 years with only auto-CLIs.  Hopefully this will give others in a similar situation some hope.  Smiley Happy

Here's the email I got; just like last time the subject initially made my heart skip a beat but it turned out OK (LOL):

AmexCLI2.png

My current EX is 757, and my total utilization is around 5%, which seems to be my 'baseline' these days. 

This is one of the few cards I have that I let consistently report a balance, so it will be interesting to see if having a slighty better individual utilization (on this card) makes a score difference. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP Auto-CLI #2

There are several recent posts like this for Amex. So do you think this something Amex is starting to do more frequently?

Message 2 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

There are several recent posts like this for Amex. So do you think this something Amex is starting to do more frequently?

That's a great question... it's possible that nothing has really changed but we've just not had the data points (since the majority here are eligible for the 3x requests and are fairly aggressive in requesting it).

The more data points we can get the better our view of the 'big picture' will be.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my contribution to the data points. I have other Amex cards. Therefore I’m interested in figuring out the data points.

Back in May 2017 I was denied my first AMEX 60 day CLI. They denied me because they said I had too many inquiries and too many new accounts. I have not sought a CLI from them since. Well yesterday I received an email stating they have tripled my limit!This is my Hilton Surpass. I use it lot and have charged large amounts to get the points. However, I always pay in full or let a small balance report.

Message 4 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the auto-cli there! Actually really interesting they've been doing that recently for customers. Dunno if it's because of the forum being exception to the rule or part of possible (temporary?) growing trend.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats UncleB! Happy feeliing Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the auto CLI!!!

Message 7 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome job UncleB!!  Amex is taking you back with wide armsSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats! I have to say I’m jealous of all of this auto action lately. Waiting for my email where they decide to give me the full $48k I asked for a few months ago on my SPG. 

Message 9 of 16
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, UncleB!  Glad Amex is showing you luv.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.