Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Amex BCP CLI

Hi everybody!

These days most of my CLIs are rather 'boring' so there's little point in posting about them, but this one might prove helpful so I'm sharing along with the pertinent data points.

Feeling a bit less than 'magnetic' (LOL - inside joke) I decided to be a glutton for punishment and see what the latest language would be on an Amex CLI denial letter.  I included a Green card in BK7 back in 2000 (18 years ago this summer) and while I've received a couple of auto-CLIs all of my own requests have been summarily denied, with the old account as the reason. 

Anyway, figuring I'd take all my lumps today (and get it out of the way so I wouldn't have to think about it again for a while) I gave it a whirl... I figured there was no need to put much thought into the amount - since it's always denied anyway - so I just went for a $2.5k increase which would make my new limit a nice, round $10k if approved by some crazy chance.

Well, well, what do you know...

AmexCLI.png

It's possible I "left some on the table" as folks around here like to say, but that's not the point... this is my first member-initiated approved CLI since I've been 'back' with Amex (2015) - I'm both very happy to know I'm no longer weighted down by the 18-year old bankruptcy, as well as happy to have a little more room!  Smiley Very Happy

For anybody who wants to know the history, here's the pertinent threads:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Amex-3x-Auto-CLI-Finally/td-p/4798993

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Amex-BCP-Auto-CLI-2/td-p/5071036

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP CLI

Finally...... Congrats UncleB!

Message 2 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Absolutely fantastic job UncleB, no one deserves it moreSmiley Happy. Save the big cli for your treat this upcoming ChristmasSmiley Happy

Amex has been good to us fellow burnersSmiley Happy.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 18
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats.

9B670E7A-639C-430D-9EE7-0EEAEA5A7023.gif

Message 5 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats UncleB !!  Maybe now, all is forgiven

There is one thing about your post that upsets me ,,,,,,,,,

You have not yet signed up for electronc statements.  How many seedlings like mine had to die just so you can get paper statements Smiley Sad 

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Ah yeah!! Congrats UnkaB! Amex is warming back up to you.😀
Message 7 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats Awesome UB!!! YAY!! Very exciting times Smiley Happy Congrats
Message 8 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats!
Message 9 of 18
shoegal
Valued Contributor

🎉Super Congrats UncleB🎉

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.