Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP limit increase

tag
drave199
Established Member

Amex BCP limit increase

It’s been 180 days since my last cli on my Amex BCP. I have initially did a 3x when I first got the card which brought me up to 10.3k. Then I was up for it again and was nervous about doing the 3x so I just opted for 20k which I was instantly approved for. So now I’m at 20k and can do another cli but from what I’ve read anything over 30k is hard if not impossible with having to show income so a 3x cli seems impossible. What would you recommend I do, just to 30k or ? Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex BCP limit increase

@drave199 wrote:
It’s been 180 days since my last cli on my Amex BCP. I have initially did a 3x when I first got the card which brought me up to 10.3k. Then I was up for it again and was nervous about doing the 3x so I just opted for 20k which I was instantly approved for. So now I’m at 20k and can do another cli but from what I’ve read anything over 30k is hard if not impossible with having to show income so a 3x cli seems impossible. What would you recommend I do, just to 30k or ? Thanks for the help.

Since your CLI was approved you'll have to wait six months before you can request another.

Edit:  I misunderstood your question... sorry about that.

Message 2 of 13
drave199
Established Member

Yeah that was 180 days ago that I got approved for the 20k. So I’m due again
Message 3 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@drave199 wrote:
Yeah that was 180 days ago that I got approved for the 20k. So I’m due again

Gotcha... I initially read your post to mean you had just now reached $20k.  Sorry about that. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 13
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

I would ask for $30k. I think the data points indicate they won’t ask for IV until around $34k.

AMEX will counter if they think that is too much.
Message 5 of 13
drave199
Established Member

So I tried for 40k lol, just to see what would happen. I figured I could request less if they said no. But they came back and said they couldn't approve me for 40k but would do 31.1k so I took that. That was a 11.1k increase. Not bad considering my income last year was only 43K

Message 6 of 13
Floyduda
New Contributor

congrats on the increase!!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s an awesome CLI - congrats!
Message 8 of 13
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Nice increase! Congrats
Message 9 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the increase! $11.1k is incredible!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.