Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex, Barclays, BMO Harris

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Amex, Barclays, BMO Harris

I went on a many app spree after another Chase CLD.  Last year as some of you may remember, Chase CLD from 72k to 28k.  This past friday they CLD from 25k to 10k across 6 cards.  Five of the cards they slashed to 1k limits (thanks but no thanks, no AF's from me).  I didn't contest this, as it's their right to do whatever.  I did however close all Chase accounts which led to this mini spree.  Pre Chase closure was $959,450.  Post Chase closure was $930,950.  I was approved for the following cards since Chase closure:

Amex Blue Cash Everyday 8k (had to close one amex card which was at a 1k limit) had max 5 cards with amex

Barclay Cash Forward 5k

Barclay Aviator Advantage 1.5k (I get the 40k bonus)

BMO Harris Mastercard 7.5k

All in all, not a bad day considering I'm up to $951,950.  I want to say thanks to a poster (don't remember who) who indicated that he/she was approved by BMO and they were not new account/inquiry sensitive.  I can confirm that too.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex, Barclays, BMO Harris

That would be me 12njoy Smiley Happy Congratulations on your BMO Harris approval. I'm still waiting my card to arrive hopefully tomorrow it will be here. I've never been able to get in with Barclays. I thought they were funny about inquiries and new accounts. That's always been their reply when i tried to get in with them. I think last i tried was for the apple rewards visa which is susposed to be their easiest. Did you get instant approvals on the barclay cards?

Message 2 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

@jtw34240 wrote:

That would be me 12njoy Smiley Happy Congratulations on your BMO Harris approval. I'm still waiting my card to arrive hopefully tomorrow it will be here. I've never been able to get in with Barclays. I thought they were funny about inquiries and new accounts. That's always been their reply when i tried to get in with them. I think last i tried was for the apple rewards visa which is susposed to be their easiest. Did you get instant approvals on the barclay cards?

Thanks for the info on BMO.  Much appreciated.  Ok Barclays.  Here's something that I didn't know.  Strange indeed.  The Aviator Advantage card application was submitted and auto declined on April 10, 2017.  No credit pull done, they just said I had sufficient credit with them based on SP.  Fast forward to last week and I applied for the Cash Forward.  Auto declined for same reason with no HP.  This time I called and asked for reconsideration.  Application then required HP and was flagged for security verification.  I submitted the documents and had to wait one week.  Well on one of the calls I made to security department, I was told that my Aviator Advantage application was pending and I needed to contact the credit department on that one.  Well I called credit department and they said they needed to do a HP on the aviator application since one was never done.  I declined and waited a couple of days and called credit department back.  This time they told me the aviator advantage application was with security department too and required the same documents.  When I called security department today, they told me that everything had been processed and asked if I wanted to process both applications to which I said yes.  Security said both applications were approved.  No additional HP for the Aviator at all.  So I was able to get both cards approved on one HP.  It's amazing that they even approved the Avaitor Advantage card from back in April that had been auto declined with no HP.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey 12, sorry for the cld but glad you just moved on and i dont know, somehow i think youll be okSmiley Wink Congrats on your latest spreeSmiley Happy. Lol, i wish you were around with a recent poster who wants to do a 30 card app spree so he can eventually get a million in creditSmiley Wink. Fun read indeed. Enjoy your new cardsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey 12, sorry for the cld but glad you just moved on and i dont know, somehow i think youll be okSmiley Wink Congrats on your latest spreeSmiley Happy. Lol, i wish you were around with a recent poster who wants to do a 30 card app spree so he can eventually get a million in creditSmiley Wink. Fun read indeed. Enjoy your new cardsSmiley Happy

Thanks.  I could get past a million if I applied for store only cards, but I hate those because of the restrictions of using them.  I honestly don't think I'll get to a million.  With my profile, its give and take.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 8
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Have you been able to try for any Comenity cards? What about Macy's/Bloomies Amex?
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 6 of 8
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Congrats. Was the BMO card an instant approval? Assuming a tu pull on that one?

Message 7 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

Comenity had me on a do not approve list lol. Tried for Bloomingdale but was denied. Not worth trying for macys ay this point. BMO was a 2 day approval. I called 2nd day and they told me
___________ 12Njoy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.