Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blacklist.........OFF!!!!

tag
orozcobusiness
Valued Member

Amex Blacklist.........OFF!!!!

My husband burned AMEX back in 2001/2002....and up till now I couldnt add him as authorized user on my AMEX card. Well that wall finally came down after 15yrs....WOW!! Never thought he would get an AMEX in his life again. So this evening APPROVED for AUTHORIZED user on my Platinum card.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Blacklist.........OFF!!!!

Congrats to you and DH.

It seems 15yrs (sometimes a little more) is the point where AMEX starts giving second chances.

Message 2 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats wonderful!! Yay for Hubby!Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice, at least they didnt give him lifeSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's such a long file but better late than never!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice, at least they didnt give him lifeSmiley Wink

Ok, AJC, you made me chuckle on this one! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to your hubby! Another poster on these forums burned them, became an AU, and just recently, got in with Amex again.  Hope this scenario plays out for him! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo congrats to your hubs!!!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@orozcobusiness wrote:

My husband burned AMEX back in 2001/2002....and up till now I couldnt add him as authorized user on my AMEX card. Well that wall finally came down after 15yrs....WOW!! Never thought he would get an AMEX in his life again. So this evening APPROVED for AUTHORIZED user on my Platinum card.

Congrats.  Maybe soon we'll see a post on an approval for him. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz! I burned Amex in a BK for $2500 back in 2/2011 and it took until this February to be able to get approved for an authorized user card. Every time I apply for my own (even though I have good credit now) I get rejected with out a pull for "Recent account closed by amex". Here is to hoping that February of 2017 becomes  my year to get back in ;-)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.